Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Flattery??

swede

It' tough when the other guys want to be like you. Check out the extra cost "striping kit" that you can buy for an Exmark mower. It looks like it bolts on the back of the deck. Sorry if the picture is a bit small.

A neighbor of mine was so impressed with my 64 broadmoor,i cut his lawn while he was ill, that he ran right out and bought a brand new 20+ hp. Crapsman with EVERYTHING on it.this way he'll never have to work on it !and he has made it thru his first season with it on his 1000sq ft "lawn" ,He figures that its paid for itself already .

Stripe kit???? So people are now so helpless they can't order a bunch of rollers, rig 'em and weight'em, and hitch it to the back of a tractor???? A first year 4-H-er could pull that project off. Good God.

I was told by my brother's boss (he's a landscaper) that the rollers on the back of my deck weren't for striping, but for moving the deck around when it's off the tractor. Told him I guess that's what his were for too. :D

Just finished reading an article in a Kubota publication. It said " A nice, striped lawn is now a basic. Many professionals do this without asking, and most customers expect it". What do you know, we have been ahead of our some for quite a while.