Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New owner first post

Steven Leggett

I have what I think is an Allis-Chalmers B10, theres a B10 on the grill (duh), behind the seat is the serial # 050009, Briggs and Stratton Series 243431 engine, she does not run, po said she just quit while mowing, right now I'm frustrated, and sore from an apendectomy, would like to sale, or trade at this point in time, but sure is a neat tractor, wish i could post a pic to help out with identification, any help with the year or interested local buyers would be great, soon as i feel like it i'll try to recheck for the basics, spark and gas. would like to see how she runs!! Frustrated first owner! THANKS!!

Don't give up too easy, once you get that old Briggs to purr you'll fall in love. B-10 should be a mid 60's model. Everything is pretty basic on these old tractors and there's lots of jolly help around here. Pull the plug and check for spark then let us know what you find..

Talk about a local sale, If your interested in seling your B10 Im very close (like 25 miles away, Im in Lincoln Ill) and very intersted in buying or I have a nice Wheel Horse to trade that runs great, newly rebuilt 8hp Kohler, mower deck and snow blade with chains. The only thing I know in need of work is there is no 3rd gear. Oh I forgot, welcome to the club, and i promase not to make you laugh. I'll send you a IM and I give you my phone No. I can drop by any time, I'm retired.

Like said above, if you take the time to get the bugs out, you'll really enjoy this hobby. You can even make it practical for you. There is a club member who's actually told me he bought a 101/Landlord when he was 18 about 18 years ago and he still cuts the lawn with it. He's rebuilding a tractor while he's still using that and he intends to cut the lawn with that. As he's somewhere around 40 now, he believes he'll be using that tractor until he retires... Welcome and good luck. Note: If you use the Box Store pricing as a guage, you'll be driving a great tractor with all the attachments. If you watch the sales, everything comes available; just don't be shy in your bidding and you'll own it. I backed off too many times when I started and learned I needed to bid just a bit hire, after I did that, I started winning what I wanted.

Welcome to the site! You'll be up and around from the surgery in no time. Had mine taken out many years ago. Hang in there on the tractor. May be something simple to fix. You'll love that tractor, once you get it running and start using it for fun things. Your tractor may be like one of mine. No spark, so I mounted a coil from a Kohler engine on the side of the engine and hooked this up to the points and battery. I totally disconnected the magneto. Been running that engine like that for 20 years. It is also a B/S 243431. These engines are pretty simple. If you have fuel, compression, and spark, then it should run. Be careful, these tractors are addictive. For some strange reason, it now takes four of these tractors to maintain my 1/3 acre lot in the subdivision. LOL! I'm looking to buy 8 to 10 acres out of town, when I retire. Wonder how many tractors it will take for that much land? Better start looking. Wonder if I can convince Becky that this ratio of tractors to land holds true as the amount of land increases. Think I might need a big barn.

Whats the hurry, if it's a fix-re upper more time is better. If it needed to cut grass then keep it and hire someone to cut it a time or two. Working on these old tracrors is like making love, the longer it takes the more satisfying. Welcome to the club, get well soon.

No hurry KVANDY12, I'm feeling good now after the surgey, back to work next wed. I bought a 1616H from a freind to mow with and couldn't even get any seat time last weekend, too sore, my girlfreind had all the fun.