Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I know it's wrong but my buddy needs help.

Wishin2BMowin

Hi, I know this is the wrong place to ask but I'm out of options. One of my buddies has a fairly new Cub Cadet model 1515 and he had troubles starting it the other day then the starter would just not work? I checked and there was no voltage getting to the starter. I checked the interlock switches for the PTO and the Parking brake but they checked out okay. Fuse was okay as well. I put a jumper wire from the battery to the starter and it will turn the engine over but there's no spark to the spark plug? I'm thinking the ignition switch could be bad as it provides the connections to both the starter and ignition system? Has the ignition switch been a high failure idem for these newer Cubs? Sure am glad I have my old 3212H as it's a lot easier to troubleshoot than these new tractors. Thanks for any help,

I have a newer 3235 cub cadet that has somewhat the same problem, I know it is the safty switch on the parking break, cause if I stomp on the pedal a couple of times it fires right up. Hope this helps a little.