Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grader blade for really hard gravel drive

Alpha8D

Made this blade for my Landlord 101 from a chunk of 8" I-beam and the discarded gard off an old forklift. It can be angled or straightby: loosen 2 big wingnuts, raising frame, swing blade by hand until under alternate notches in bottom of frame, lower frame and tighten wingnuts. The blade only levels a bit off the top of driveway at a time but no trouble scraping up that really hard layer of crushed limestone. Being it's on a foot dragger I can rest my feet on the frame and bear down a little to make it bite more on one side or the other. [img]/club2/attach/UCD/untitled.jpg[/img]

Looks pretty tough. Lets se some action shots next. You might try downsizeing the pics to 640x480 pixel count. This will keep it small enough not to have to scroll to see the whole picture and use a column space after your text to space out the picture. You can edit your post of you want.

Nuts. Sorry about the size. It's only a 78KB file as is but obviously takes too much space. I just tried saving it as a bitmap and it came up as a 6.7meg bitmap, (yikes) How do I get it to 640 x 480 or do I have to set my camera to 640 x 480 to start with?

Jim, Maynard has most of this covered in the posting pics sticky at the top of most forums. Also Kent has several good programs you can download listed there also that will help w/ the editing of pics and files to transfer and download.

I copied your picture and posted it to paint. I then opened it with Irfanview, Clicked on image, clicked on resize/resample, checked the 640x480 option. clicked on save as, the file is now 19.9 KB I then uploaded it to the site. Jpeg files are smaller than a bitmap file. It took me longer to type this than it did to copy the picture resize it and upload. It is way faster to set your camera to 640x480 or it smallest setting.

Thanks for your patience Maynard! I'll reset my camera and make sure this doesn't happen again. I do have other pictures to share with the club but I'll make sure they're 640 x 480 jpegs. Jim

:DDave, ;)It's got something to do with the phase of the moon.......... Jim, Flip that baby over, run a hard bead stringer on each down under leg of your I beam and that sucker will last you a good long while!!;) I like your design!!! Joe

Must be the brand of putter your using Dave:), it seems so easy on this mac with photoshop, I just download 'em, save them in JPG, label them and resize them to around 95kb. If I go over 95 seem to get a lot of 'to large'notices

I use a Mac also. Photoshop's good, but I use Graphic Converter since it's a much less involved program. Uses a lot less memory too, important to me when I'm using my Powerbook. I open Graphic Converter, scale the picture down to 40% and do a save as with a new title. Presto, ready to be up-loaded. This way I have the original for other purposes as well as a suitable web-sized picture. You can even insert text or circle objects you want to call attention to. Of course setting your camera for "web compatable" or 640x480 just streamlines the process. Thought I'd pass some tips on for those of us using a "Simple Computer". :D Like the design of the grader you built. I almost bid on one I found on eBay that had teeth, but I have an RBT and can't use my feet for down-pressure. I use my snow/dirt blade instead to level my driveway...all I have is "crusher-run" and my pickup sometimes spits gravel as I go up the slight incline to my garage. Have to get it paved...someday.