Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 dash panel question

tractormike

I have a late production Allis B-110. In looking through the history of the allis B-110 from the sales literature on this site it says " The console also serves as a mounting attchment for the soon to be introduced options" The next series B-210 did not have the flip up console, just a flat hood. My question does anyone have any idea of what the factory had in mind to mount on the console? Mine has the maintenance instructions listed on the inside of the cover and the shifting pattern decal on the front but I was wondering if anyone knew what the factory had in mind for future options.

The only differences that I am aware of is my HB212 has a key and the B 110 had a push button to start the engine. I think Also that on the B 110 the key switch was flush with the dash and the 200 series had the key recessed into the dash.

Ray, I'm wondering about the tapered, hinged cover on top of the hood that looks like the instrument panel on the big tractors. This hinged cover gives you access to the gas tank and battery. It is on the B-110 series but not the B-210 which had the plain flat hood. When I get going on the restoration of this tractor I though it would be cool to find out what the factory had in mind to put in the console and build one that way.