Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7119 hydraulic control valve cap

acchokie

Need help in locating an end cap (#1671916) for ALCO Valve #1667410 in Simplicity parts manual page 47. I located this item in Small Engine Parts Warehouse, but it is no longer available. The hydraulic system works fine, except leaks a little and the lever will not spring back because there is not bottom cap. Thanks

My 7117 did not want to spring back either. It is not missing the cap. I cleaned oiled and greased valve ,linkage and levers until everything works smoothly. I'm not saying that will correct your problem. But I disassembled all the linkage until i found problem

Thanks for the info, however looking at the bottom of the valve you can see the plunger and the spring protruding. There is something missing and I'm guessing it is some sort of screw in plug or cap. Thanks.

I have two of those valves. Yes, they do have caps on them. One is off a 4041 and the other is off a SunStar. The one from the 4041 has float, while the one from the SunStar does not. I am currently using the one from the 4041 on my 716H hydrolift that I fabricated. I haven't had either of them apart, so I don't know how the cap attaches. Might be possible to make a cap, just to keep the dirt out of that part of the valve.