Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tiller questions

doogie_ac61358

Hey guys, got the kid with the wife and went outside to spray and till the garden. Put the tiller in the ground with a good spin going and then...... it stopped. Couldn't figure out what was going on so I lifted the tiller up and it started going again. Lifted the seat deck and noticed the belt was definitely loose. But I also noticed it was rubbing against the filter. I was using it on a 716H, but moved it over to a 917H. The question is, is it just a worn belt or is it the bracket I am using?

My dad and I share a tiller between a AC 716H and a 7117H. Same belt I just have this pully, thankfully Ifound a dealer who still had this part in stock. I have seen that this pully is no longer available. Recently someone posted dimensions for the bracket.

OK, does anyone know or have the dimensions for both? The bracket I can make, and I think I have an idler pully around here somewhere but I need the sizes to make it work. I have the parts list now, thanks to UCD, if you guys could get the sizes I would appreciate it greatly. Already tried to search for it and couldn't find it.

try this link http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=52355 You might want to check the pully might still be available.

The pulley and the bracket are both still available from Simplicity. The pulley lists for #20.90 and the bracket lists for $4.60. The entire kit is still available and lists for #32.59. I'm baseing the availability on the fact that the part numbers are still listed in the parts master price list.

recomment center hydro filter rearends, lol, dont have to worry about the side filter being in the way then. and try a lil smaller belt, cause they do eventually stretch. and any linkage on the tiller worn a bit?...time to get the welder and grinder out;)

Look up the Sunstrand tranny from a 716H. It has the front mount filter on it. Same tranny. You can probably buy the parts and relocate the side filter to the front. I've never checked with Simplicity on this. My 716H has the front filter. My 7116H has the side filter. Otherwise the two trannys appear to be identical. The front filter appears from the parts breakdowns as a remote filter kit similar to what is sold for automobiles. It has a thin adapter that bolts in place of a side filter, with hoses that run to the filter that is mounted in front of the tranny. It also uses a full size filter.