Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

no rain

JJ MARSHALL

SURE is dry where i live here in N.C. i made me a sprinkler system that sets on top of the ground it fairly easy to assemble and disassemble pcv pipe and some plactic fitting that snap together and unsnap easy i made some 8ft 6ft and some 4ft lenght.all can be snapped to gather are make it any lenght you want.also stores easy. here some pictures. [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/top of ground sprinkle system 001.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/top of ground sprinkle system 002.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/top of ground sprinkle system 003.jpg[/img]

Cool, I kinda did the same last year, but I just put sprinklers at the edge of the lawn and tied them together with hose. It covered about half of my back yard. I want to put the sprinkler heads on poles so the weeds don't cover them. Elon

When you get done there you can come over here and set up. Better bring more than a couple of heads if your gonna cover my yard.lol I guese I have close to 3 acres of yard to mow.

I live between WINSTON SALEM AND GREENSBORO DAVEi don't have that many sprinklers head but i have had about 6 going at once think i got 8 all together. GREG what did you do with that----- what did you call it? JJ

Well JJ, I think it was rain, at least it reminded me of it. I had to estimate the amount...it was gone before I could catch any of it.

Dry here in greenville S.C. to haven't had rain in at least 5 weeks. I don't water anything. Came off of a 240 acre cow farm in Minn. I have an agreement with god. I'll plow, plant, hoe weeds, and anything that needs to be done to make stuff grow. But it's his job to water. Hope he starts to water soon.

Dry up here. I don't water or weed and feed. Try not to encourage it with 5 1/2 acres to mow it can easily get a head of you. This way I can work on the tractors which I don't get to do from April on because I'm mowing, trimming weeding, planting etc.

Roughly 5 inches (NW Milw WI)in the last three weeks. Grass is greening up to a twice a week mow. Rebuilt a 42" mower deck for my wife and am waiting to see if I can get stripes.