Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Recommendations for Ag Tires - 7116H

xrisj

CARLISLE not sure about the spelling they make a a/g tire they call A SUPER LUG. you mite want to look at those. 23x 10.50 x 12 JJ

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Not too many choices out there anymore. The TruPower titans and the Carlisle Super Lug's are popular.
CHRIS you must written that while was trying find out how to spell CARLISLE. JJ

Thanks for the advice. I just purchased a pair of Carlisle Super Lugs from ebay for $126 - new, not blems according to the wholesaler. Add $23 for shipping, and it's not a bad deal I guess.

I usually get them mounted and loaded for that price. Check with your local Ag dealers. There's usually a local service that does their tires.

I have 23x10.50x12 Nankang tires on one of mine. Bought them locally. They look like the Carlisles. Can't see much difference in traction, since I had a pair of Carlisles awhile back. I know Dico also makes garden tractor lug tires. I've seen them in 26x12x12. I guess they also make the 10.50 size. I have a set of 26x12x12 turf tires made by Dico.

lugs should work, but watch your clearance by your bgb pto hub, i know there aint much room for error there. and ag tires DO tear up the lawn so watch what applications/jobs you use the tractor with. (and if you go with bigger wheels, make sure the backspacing is correct. $280 in spacer plates from 1/4" to 1" set of each i had a machine shop make..oops. they work good though with long bolts thru the back of the hubs as studs.;) )

xrisj, Check my latest post "Pole Pulling" in Show and Tell. Both of those tractors have the tri-rib tires on the front. 6 inch wheels on the 61 Wards, and 8 inch wheels on the 716H. Both sets of tires are the 3.50 size.