Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tires

RobS

FYI - tiresunlimited.com has Carlisle 23X850X12 power trac lug tires on the closeout list for $27.00 ea. The part number is 510960. They had 10 left, 8 now. I bought a set of these last year from them for my B210 with the plow and was very happy with the tires and the cust. service. Now this set will go on the B210 with the blower since the chains were not too friendly to my new blacktop driveway last winter. Question - On my plow tractor I have Ag rears and tri-rib fronts which look and perform great. I am going to replace the front tires on the blower tractor and am considering either the tri-ribs or lugs. I heard if you rotate the lugs the opposite direction in the front they do well. Lugs or Tri-Ribs in the front? Feedback please, thanks.

Tri-ribs. I think they are as good, maybe even better, than the reversed lug tires, and they just look so darned good. Check my post on "Pole Pulling" in Show and Tell. You will see that both those tractors have the tri-rib tires. Bought three of those tires from Rustybore's Tire Shop on ebay. Three, you ask, well that's another story.

Thanks for the tip, I called and ordered 4 of them this morning. They should work very good filled with WW fluid this winter for snowblowing on my Simplicity 7117H.