Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Well it aint green, or have wheels....update 2

plastikosmd

will be pickin this up sunday, pretty small unit, would fit in back of pickup except the weight..will keep you up to date on how it works

if any ideas on the make would appreciate the info scott

Not sure, I agree this crawler is factory, tho the blade is a bit light appearing an may be an "add on", but have not seen in person yet, but was to "cute" to pass up (my wife will never understand.) O and regarding other small dozer makers, I have not found much..there was a company Cleatrac that also made some smaller ones but none seem to look similar scott

Wow where did you find that? What kind of motor? How much does it weigh? I would like one of them

weight was told about a ton, or a a bit less, motor=i havent seen it but was told it looked like a wisconsin...aparrently runs great, strong hydr. as it will easily pick up its front end. only real issues is it needs a starter rebuild, and some of the rubber cleats replaced on track. price was right, and i felt like driving 12hrs round trip to pick it up..will post pics when it is home. scott

Whoever built it all I can say is COOL!!!. That looks to be one fun machine. Keep us updated and of course more pictures

will try lookin that up....contacted struck/magnatrac they agreed that was not one of their products...will keep you up to date scott

There is one much older than yours near my house, rusting away in a tractor boneyard, but the name plate read Mighty Mouse, if I remember correctly. This one had no hood and seat is lower to ground, but if I'm not mistaken, the one I have seen pre-dates this one by about 20 years, plenty of time for design changes. Size looks similar, which is why I thought of it.

i could only find one pic on net, and it had a loader bucket on it..you are right it is very similar..also has correct engine..a wisconsin..as owner thought that this was in the one that i am buying...will see if i can find a plate when i get it home...seems mighty mouse was made by Mead.. scott

Well im home..too tired to take pics...guys loader was broken and he had unhooked motor starter, and gas tank to clean so was not operational at time..used a come-a-long and his truck to get it into trailer...then got it home. I have a momma of a cherry picker..will include in my next post..it picked it up off trailer then set it down on some jackstands due to legs getting in the way then used my mobile trolly setup with chain hoist to lower front/back...overall machine is cosmetically rough up close but mechanical looks sound or fixable..will be a lot of fun. Trip was not bad, got rid of about 4 junk projects in trade and gave about 1k. Maybe i was in love, maybe it is worth the price as difficult to judge market. will post pics tomorrow scott

about 20 miles from ulster PA..and i live just outside of providence RI, bout 6hrs each way

Have you been talkin to my wife? :) Dunno, clean it up, tune it up, replace the rubber cleats and use it to plow with this winter for fun. Maybe sell it in the spring. scott

Well a few pics..first equipt to get out of trailer..trolly/chainfall..as seen in previous pics of my loader and my cherry picker that did most of the work

Now a pic with a reference..this is a 14" boat trailer tire

Finally a look at the workings, tank and starter removed, they sit to left of motor. Here we have pump to most right, motor, with clutch, and tranny to most left, can see shifter exit top, also 2 hand controls for track. Ignore lift chains

scott

• 3 weeks later...
well after sending the 6v starter out for rebuild i got it running..tho lot inbetween. the starter is still not strong enough to turn over motor..on the compression stroke it hangs. I hooked to my bat charger (12v) and the extra kick was able to turn it over..but it overspeeds the starter and the gear kicks out after 3-4 revs..with much playin and fiddlin (cant let run too long or stater overheats with higher voltage she fired..and boy did it ever. Since it has no exhaust or even pipe on it right now, Gouts of black smoke and flame shot out of the block. Leaned the carb a bit and got the smoke and fire to a managable level..but did have a neighbor come by to see what i blew up. hydraulics are very strong..picks the dozer up in about 1/2 second. didnt get to drive it as i stalled it fiddlin with carb and the starter is just crap. Gonna convert to a 12v system and get more powerful starter, tho maybe the 6v is better than 12v but just weak? dunno much about them. Did some research on the motor, looks like it is a single cylinder wisconsin...12.5hp...while this does not seem like much hp for this machine..the engine equals a 18hp kol or briggs. It develops max hp at much lower rpm 2500. It is also huge, about 1/2 again larger than my briggs 16hp. I have always been impressed with the wisconsin motors..huge heavy castings..got an 18hp twin that weighs around 300lbs. I read the discussion on hp ratings with interest...there is clearly a difference between 18hp on one motor and another. anyway that was an aside. will keep you up to date..gotta pull the starter and try to mate with another that can spin the motor. scott

I don't know if you can still get 8V batteries or not, but that is what we used to use on tractors and trucks. The extra 2 volts spins the starter faster without hurting it and the charging system will keep it up with no problems.

Think the starter may just be junk or ? but the issue is clearly on compression..if i pull the plug 6v has no prob spinnin motor, but even runnin 12v and unlimited amps..on the charger/jumper it still stalls/lugs 4 rev every time. If i can get it past that point on 2 firing strokes i can get it to fire...but has only happend twice. scott

I heard the same thing about 8 volt batteries. Loooks like a cool machine, but would be a very hard sell to the wife. JH