Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydralic lift

KVANDY12

I put hydralics on my AC914 it works Ok most of the time. What is happening is when I push in the brake pedal and pull the lever to rise or lower the equipment it won't do anything until I release the pedal. Any ideas as to what may need adjusting or changing? I posted how to check out an elec. lift a while back, when I check it worked fine. So checked the wiring and switch, found that the ground wire wasn't on the screw to tractor frame. Grounded it and it works fine on my Simp7013 which is now a 7016 cause I put a 16HP B/S in it at the same time.

Mine does the same as well. When you push in on the brake pedal it disengages the belt that turns the sunstrand so you will lose lift ability until you let out on the clutch/ brake pedal.

That feature is sort of a pain. Many times when I am trying to hook up to my trailer with the hydraulic ball hitch, my tractor wants to creep. Can't hold the brake because the pump won't work.

Rod my AC914 wanted to creep all the time to so I call Al Eden an he sold me a new rubber spacer that goes on the back slide on the hydro. Solved the creeping on mine, Oh I also check the lever and found it had some play in it. I tightned up that may have helped also. Ken