Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Strange 720 for sale?

eagle5473

I found this on E bay a very strange broom attatchment on a 720 I wonder what it was used for? http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLIS-CHALMERS-720-COMPACT-TRACTOR_W0QQitemZ7551963239QQcategoryZ91953QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Your right. That's one crazy broom setup on that poor tractor. I wonder what type of concrete floor they used this on? It looks too nice to be from a pultry or hog barn. Maybe from some type of warehouse.

I'm looking at tractor and loader. Looks to be in decent shape. Strange colors on motor, would not want to sit on that seat after a rain or washing. Close enough to me to consider buying.

[?"I" would suspect from the rigging/brushes etc that it may have been used to spread something like asphalt sealcoating,possible pumped from a trailer or hoseline connected to the overhead PVC pipe.Outer brushes would lift to clear obstacles(poles,curbs etc)when coating parking lots etc.Or washdown/debris gathering. [?]??

quote:
Originally posted by JoeK
[?"I" would suspect from the rigging/brushes etc that it may have been used to spread something like asphalt sealcoating,possible pumped from a trailer or hoseline connected to the overhead PVC pipe.Outer brushes would lift to clear obstacles(poles,curbs etc)when coating parking lots etc.Or washdown/debris gathering. [?]??
If that were the case wouldn't the brushes be coated with sealcoating? The tractor looks too clean for that type of operation too.

How about putting a brush finish on concrete. Or would the tractor be to heavy for the job.Be nice to find the owner and ask him what it does.