Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Michael A

New Holland

Michael A
Sorry for asking this here, but is a New Holland S-14 any good? I found one for sale and thought I would ask someone how reliable they are before I buy it. thanks Michael

msiebern
New Holland and Ariens are the same. I have an Ariens S-16H and it is a heavy duty beast with hydraulic lift front, middle, and rear. I can't say much about the mowers for finish work compared to the Simps & AC's, but I use it to knock down the tall grass and clip the horse pasture and it never bogs down. All attachments are shaft driven. They are not a bad tractor, just not a Simplicity or AC.

SmilinSam
The only thing I never liked about the Arens/New Holland tractors is they have the non metal hoods and fenders I think. Most of the time they are ratty looking from being cracked and broken.

mwells
My uncle has a New Holland S-14, and he hated the deck on it. He would have to get off and clean our his deck 5 times in one mowing, this was under normal mowing conditions. If it was really dry he could get by with only cleaning it out 1 or 2 times. He also complained about the steering and how you had to crank it around so many times just to get the wheels to turn. He has a B-10 so he is used to the quick steering and nice cut. He said he liked the set up of it, it gave a nice smooth ride and you could mow really fast, He aslo has a blower and cab for it. He thinks it makes a much nicer blade or blowing out fit. There a heavy duty tractor, just not the best when it comes to mowing.