Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower TEST! Anyone know who made this???

brooksdr

This is a very interesting mower. It has three wheels. It has front wheel drive, 2 speeds, reverse (turning the steering wheel all the way around to go back). The deck has 3 small blades on it. Who made it? I have know clue!

ya know, if you can mount the tank under the seat, get some sort of fuel pump, you could mount another seat or box and use it at shows. Elon

It is a Swisher. I used to own one... they're a blast to drive ON LEVEL GROUND. However, they're as stable as tricycle... As I recall, the gas tank should be under the seat.

Thanks Guys. It looks like they still made it till recently! Check it out. http://www.sutherlandlumber.com/product.asp?time=3808&sku=4270922

Gas tank surrounded engine on mine. I had the older one yet with verical steering post. My wife always mowed the lawn then.

I've got one of these sitting in my backyard. It's called a Big Mow. At least that's what they were sold around here as. Mine also has the gas tank as part of the flywheel housing (Tecumseh motor), as well as the vertical steering shaft. The upper frame rails are also a bit different designed, however the hood and deck are pretty much identical. Mine will likely wind up at the scrapyard someday....

Maybe they had a few varying models like Huffy and Rugg. I know when I did research on those only a few things varied to change the name. At least its a Swisher. I will try and find a pic of the one I had a while back. I never liked it -

Found this one on ebay. I still don't know the difference between the RK and the BM http://cgi.ebay.com/Swisher-Ride-King-Riding-Lawn-Mower_W0QQitemZ7719270857QQcategoryZ50377QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Byrne
With that gas tank location, maybe it's actually a Ford Pinto tractor!;):D
:D:o)