Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Any Coronet users here?

Bruker

My dad asked me the other day what would be a good zero turn style mower for their small yard. I thought about suggesting the Coronet but I haven't heard much about them. Does anyone here use one or know of someone who does?

When I first came to this club I was going to buy a Coronet and looked into them heavily. I had met a guy that owned one and he liked it very much. Dont know if the Coronet is a true zero turn mower. The reason I didnt get one is because I saw a 725,,,,,it was love at first site, a member here introduced me indirectly to them.

Hi, They are an excellent mower, They turn very short with convenional steering. Visibility is excellent. Available in both gear and hydrdo 30 and 34 inch. They are the BMW of rear engine riders. Al Eden

We got my Mom a 30-inch for her little 1/4 acre lot. She's 76. I think she would prefer the lines that a push mower make in her yard, but she seems to be getting used to the Coronet. Her pull-start Sears self-propelled finally died, so I don't have to worry about her having a coronary trying to start it. I think she has resigned herself to the Coronet. :-) She can mow up close to trees and everything. Not really a zero-turn, but it turns in such a tight radius that she doesn't have to do much maneuvering. If she takes a couple of trips around the perimeter of the yard first, she can generally go back and forth and get the tire marks that she likes. The Coronet doesn't have full rollers, so it doesn't stripe.