Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kubota BX23

A few weeks ago while visiting a local tractor supplier I looked at a Kubota BX23 with a front loader and backhoe. It seemed amazing to me at the time (still does really) the amount of tractor that could be bought for $16k; 3 cyl. diesel, 4wd, backhoe, front loader, etc. The only part that I didn't like was the cast aluminum rear axle. Just for the sake of discussion, what do you guys think of this tractor?

Buy the tractor.They are a very good tractor and parts should be easy to get for them.The Massy is ok ,Izeski built. The Kubota s are one of the better built models of tractors.

I have a friend who bought one. He likes it. Does a lot, but you will learn that a 10K-15K lbs machine can do a lot more. My friend with 3 Case machines can pick up cars with his big boys. The Kubota will be challenged with large rocks. Depends what you want and after that... RENT.

Hey Beeser, I think that is the same class machine as the Simp Legacy XL. Several club members have purchased the Legacy and have writen good reviews on it. Cub Cadet also makes a machine in that class (5000 series) that carries the Made in USA label. Has a big cast iron transmission thats the same unit as used in the USA built 7000 series of which I have a 7254 with loader and 60" deck. I've got 180 + hours of heavy loader and 3pt use and ain't broke it yet. I've seen leftover Cub 5000 series machines on Ebay for well under $10,000 with 4x4 and a loader.

I have the AGCO 2027 Diesel ,Only one made as of right now.It is the same as the Legacy XL.I have the front loader,weight box and 5 ft mower deck .I love everything about the tractor.You will want to have the weight box on if you are going to use the loader. The Kubota BX23 is in the same class.I got my tractor with everything listed with 80Hrs for $10,000.00 with my AGCO 918 as a trade in .Buy what you want to buy for what your needs are.Ask your local dealer if you can try one out.

I ended up buying the largest frame Massey with 66" FEL and 7 1/2 ft backhoe for $23K. It was heavier built than the comparable Kubota and the Massey dealers shop guys were better than the Kubota dealer. Kubota markets the Landcaping business and Massey is Ag centric. Kioti and Agco make good stuff as well.