Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TripleDeuce50

pto front rear?

TripleDeuce50
another newbie question (first old simplicity) I have the mower deck but am not sure how it hooks to the tractor (the belt assemblie mainly) I believe I am missing the front pto clutch off of the motor crank. does the mower run off of this? It would be great id someone could post some pics of there pto and the mower belt situation for me or direct me to some. thanks so much...trying to get a handle on what parts i need.

UCD
Take the MFG#'s off your tractor and go to the tech pubs site and download the manuals for your tractor. Also che ck out the simple trACtors site.

TripleDeuce50
OK i figured out that I am missing the clutch assembly that is under the left fender to run the mower deck next question is this is on a 7013 model does the 7116 models have the same clutch setup? asking cause I may bye a 7116 and make a great tractor out of the two. thanks for all the help

HubbardRA
I have basically the tractors you are talking about, an AC713S(Simp 7013S), an AC716H (Simp 7016H) and a Simp 7116H. The drivetrain parts are interchangeable. The 7100 series has a slightly different frame and hood. The differences are mainly in the front, and don't affect the major components, drivetrain, PTO, etc. Rear PTO parts are the same on all three of mine.

2burning
I think the mid PTO idlers down to the mower deck are designed a little diferent from a 70xx to a 71xx series tractor - maybe they can be retrofitted with no problems?

UCD
The pto's for the mower deck is the same on the 7000 & 7100 series. The difference in the pto on the 7100 series is the addition of another idler mount tab at a different angle for the snow blower drive. To change from mower deck to snow blower you remove the idler from the top tab and move it to the bottom tab.