Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow thrower hitch

Brucep

I'm trying to figure out the configuration of the hitch for a snow thrower I have. When I got the blower (990563) the hitch was for a front PTO. I altered it so I could use it as a hitch with a side PTO and it worked Ok. Now I have another tractor (7016,#1690423) and I want it back to a front PTO hitch but I am unable to find any pictures to put it back and the old memory isn't good enough to help much. Does anyone have any specs and or pictures of this hitch? The "what fits" section doesn't list this blower fitting a tractor of the model number I listed here. Not sure why, the hitch connects to the tractor just fine and I thought if I had the pulley configuration back to normal on the hitch that it will probably work just fine. Any info would be great! Thanks Bruce

Why not just run a belt to the mid pto insteed of the front. I made one for my 64Landlord. Works well, and just reaching down to turn it on is nice. Elon

The one I had on my landlord worked Ok but I did have trouble now and then since it wasn't factory and I thought with a front PTO I would get more power to the blower. The front PTO's are turned on and off right from the right side of the tractor while sitting in the seat so that's not a problem.

On a 7016 does the front engine shaft stick out of the grill? Thinking not. I can take a picture of a B series hitch sitting in the shop if that'll help you.