Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620 pics

AcFordHawk

My Allis 620 in the new workshop. Some disassembly as was working on the rear PTO at the time. Hopefully next couple of weeks get the shop wired and really have some fun tinkering with the 620.

Posted pics and info in the shop talk forum of the shed.

Great looking tractor. Looks as if it approves of it's new home. I see you also have a 17. what do you use it for? what shapes it in? Gas/Diesel? Boy I love these Orange tractors. :)^

Dave, the D-17 is a series 2, gas, originally had snap coupler converted to 3pt, wide front, power steering. Replaced the original engine last year with one from 170/175 LP. Use it for general acreage work, mowing, dirt work with box blade, snow removal, etc. Could have gone with smaller tractor but price was right at the time.

Nice looking tractor! Shop is very nice too! What's the shop made from? Is it metal, wood or fiberglass? Is the floor plywood? Are you planning to put insulation on the walls? Is that a special paint on the floor? Best of luck...

Shop is steel building with cement floor. Painted the floor with Behr concrete paint - cleaner/etcher, primer, and top coat. The walls are set up for insulation later. In the photos the 2 X 6's running sideways are set up to put 2 foot insulation bats in between. Was an option the company provided and made sense to do it while they constructed the rest of the building. I'll get some pics of the whole building and place the info in the shop talk section.

Is that nice looking 620 OEM or have you restored it? Eany to tell thats a New shop, sure you'll have many enjoyable hours getting it too look used.

MPH, as far as I know it is original. Hour meter shows 403 as of yesterday. Does need some TLC in areas but overall works great.

• 1 month later...
Great looking tractor and the shop is sweet. I like the cuts in the floor. My concrete guy suggested those cuts be put in before the concrete cures all the way. When I asked him about troweled joints, He said they just fill up with dirt and dust. The smaller cuts still determine the cracking pattern

FastPaul, have the 60" mower deck, 3pt mower, and dozer blade (needs some work and brackets). May have to invest in snowblower. Agricola, I did fill the cracks with caulking made for concrete to help keep the dirt and junk out of the cracks. Only thing different I would do is caulk first then paint. Shop isnt quite so empty any more - amazing how fast it filled up :D!