Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hitch

Brucep

Can't seem to find the part number of the hitch used for a snow thrower on a 1978 model 7016. Hitch for a front PTO driven blower. Can anyone help me out?

Not sure if there's a part number for just the hitch. Snowthrower models 990746 and 1690033 both have the type of hitch you need for a front pto driven snowblower. Hope this helps.

I'll check them out. The blower number 1690033 I was able to come up with and it says that I will have to have a kit (1685094)to alter the PTO just a little for my tractor. I also came up with a blower number 990663 which also has to have the kit. I didn't see the 990746 unless it was for a 42 inch. My problem is, I have a blower but need a hitch and the kit, but having trouble finding a hitch without a number or some thing to descrbe the hitch I need. I'll keep searching! Thanks!

If you go to Simple trACtors home page and follow the link to Jacks Small Engines you will see toward the top of Jacks page a parts look up button, follow that link and you will see the EMPart web thingy. No idea what it stands for but it gives detailed drawings of a bunch of Simplicity and AC stuff. I was viewing the hitch in question but couldn't figure out how to link it to ya....

Beuce, I checked out the site you told me about finally and the hitch # you gave me sure looks like the right one. Thanks alot! Bruce

Bruce, No problem, I have one of those hitches in my garage as well. I checked for a part number this weekend but didn't find one though. I could snap some pics if you would like.... Brian

I mite be interested. It has to be the right one. I have one but it's not the one for my tractor, the idler lever assembly arangment is different than what the drawing shows for my tractor. The one I need is #1665570 for a 1978 7016 6 speed. Another guy here said he has one also and he has the PTO clutch with it. He is going to send a pic next week. Not sure if I will be able to tell if it's the right one from a picture though.