Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need to clear some stuff out

thedaddycat

Hi all, I have been very busy around the house, at work, and it seems like everywhere in between. It looks like we may be moving in the not too distant future, and I need to get rid of a bunch of stuff. If anyone is interested is getting a truckload of stuff I'm sure we can work out some kind of a deal. I probably have a dozen or more tractors, several decks, tiller, blower, etc. to clear out. I will not be shipping anything, you have to make arrangements to pick it up. I just don't have the time or energy to deal with anything else. Beyond that, here's a great chance to get some of the older stuff if you're anywhere near SE Connecticut....

Kirk, Wish I were closer but it's a long way to Connecticut from Tennessee. However, I did pass through recently on my way home from a vacation in Maine.

Kirk! I was hoping you were busy, after vanishing and all! Hope you're well. I'll drop you a p.m. Are you moving out of the state??

Kirk i am out in the metro boston area and wouldnt mind taking a ride out there, i could use a machine to leave permanently attached to my johnny bucket. send me a pm if you like thanks john

OK guys, this is the scoop. It costs about $200 to have a 20' shipping container dropped off, another $200 to be picked up, and $85 every 4 weeks for storage. I'm short both the time and the manpower to load, move, sort, etc... all this tractor stuff. I'm working for the next 10 days. I will be off Halloween weekend, so how about I call it Tractor Trick or Treat.... I have a ton of stuff, mostly the FDT era but a few 3300 Series and newer. I have to find a way to clear out my back yard so I can show the house. I will work out just about any kind of deal. If you can think it up and it's reasonable and fair then fly it by me. Things like "I'll give you this and this and this if you take these other things and store them for me until I get settled in my new house and then bring them there" or "Take these things and part them out, we'll split the eBay proceeds in such and such a manner". Some of you may want to come and walk around and just outright buy stuff, which I may agree too as long as you take some other stuff with it. I have some things I will be keeping, but anyone who's been here knows that this is almost like giving the kids the keys to the candy store.... I will try to get a list of some of the stuff that will be going away, though I can't guarantee it will be even close to everything here... The thing of it is, due to the situation I'm in I will take the deal in hand over a "I'll be there next week"... So anyone out there want to play "Let's Make a Deal"??

quote:
Originally posted by ambler
I thought you guys were on three tractor limits?
But, there's NO LIMIT on attachments or parts tractors... :D

:D cough, hum... what about... keep em running. I am assembling machines which were destined for parts. :D
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
quote:
Originally posted by ambler
I thought you guys were on three tractor limits?
But, there's NO LIMIT on attachments or parts tractors... :D

I need(want) a blower but may be to far for a day trip, could be done but a lot of driving. Moving far or around the block?

Not moving far, perhaps... It all depends on whatThe Boss wants. Needless to say, when I asked how long before she figured to have the house ready to show and she said "Within a month at the latest..." I knew that I was going to have to take advantage of other tractor jukies... LOL Firefoxz1, perhaps the Tractor Transport forum would be worth a look... Maybe someone could move it along close enough for you to make a day trip of it. I've met quite a few of the folks here that way. Some even went so far as to say that on some of the deals I found I "stole it out of their own back yards..." lol Of course he got a tiller cheap just so I could "lighten the load" on the ride home (and cover gas, back when it was "only" $2.15 a gallon) Anyhow, I did a rough check... around 20 tractors to go and 5 to stay. I'll try to get as many as I can remember on the list. Most have been sitting for quite a while, out in the open. There may be water in the gas tanks(after all this rain I'd bet on it) and so they will most likely need work to get them running. I can tell you what I know about anything when we talk. Anyhow, here's most of the tractors but nothing of the implements. 7114, no engine but I have many here. 2X3416H both need some work but both did run. What can I say, too many tractors and not enough time to keep them all running, especially when it gets down to -8... 3310H This is the only hydro under 12 horse that I know of in the Simplicity line. Comes with a spare gear case(no Vickers hydro... Marty has it). Was told it had "a pin or something in the tranny" that needed replacement. I never got to this project either but it is an uncommon tractor. B-10 with 42" deck. Transplanted the engine from a 3310 so hood and grill are off (still have them) for muffler clearance. Carb broken but have spare parts here(have to find them) I'm sure I'll find lots of stuff I forgot I even had as I go through everything... Big Ten with hydro lift. Engine ran but was weak under load, the lift alone is worth plenty. This will be part of a "package deal" for sure. There's a JD RER for parts, along with two Hondas. One is that water cooled 13 horse twin that I had thought of for a heated winter cab tractor. Once more a project that I had more "idea" than time for... The other is for parts, got a mower deck and bagger system, tires and wheels, engine parts(starter, carb, etc.). 3310 V, a tried and true friend but I can only keep so many... B-112, another variable drive but 12 horse. May have to mess with it to get it to run, it's been sitting a while. 101(I think, it was night and only had the moonlight. This is the one I picked up in New Jersey)that had a replacement ring gear starter 16 horse in 1991. Needs to be jumped but runs. There are also a 700, 725, parts 725, halves to make up a 101/early B-10, an early small WheelHorse, and an Ariens RER I must have a dozen Briggs engines and tons of implements, two Sweepsters, half a dozen decks, 4 walk behinds along with attachments, tires and wheels, tire chains, wheel weights, lots of neat stuff. If you put together the right kind of deal you may even walk away with one of those "once in a lifetime" treasures.... I can almost hear the drooling from some of those who have been over here........ LOL

Hey guys, Rob and Elon came by yesterday to help me move some stuff around. A few odds and ends went away and I have offers for storing some of my stuff. Just so I can gage interest and start sorting things out, what is anyone interested in? Whole tractors, parts, implements, walking tractors, etc. I'll be keeping a basic collection of stuff, probably have one or two of the newer tractors for working machines and a couple of oldies for playing on. Since I will have more property wherever I end up at, I will be keeping all my ground engaging implements for the garden I'm sure I'll have. Duplicates will be going, but I still have to sort it all out before I can come up with a list. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

I'm on second shift this weekend, anyone wants to stop by before noon on Saturday that's fine with me............ I am working 12 hour shifts so plan to see a gro,uch meeting you...lol Just consider it practice for all the kiddies who'll come on Halloween.,..,.... .

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Hey guys, Rob and Elon came by yesterday to help me move some stuff around. A few odds and ends went away
Yes it's true, I was going to wait till this weekend to post a pic, "I'm getting a cable connection" but I figured what the heck! This is what ended up on my trailer:D [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/0807.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/0808.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/0809.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/0810.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/0811.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/0812.jpg[/img] I started to mess with the 725 a few hours at night. To my suprize it still has spark! The tank is almost like new inside, and I got two tires on the front wheels. As we dragged it down to Kirk's hill, the front tires were falling right off the rims. The shifter was frozen, but after a few shots of PB Blaster, that is free. I tore down the carb and tryed to rope start it, but she didn't want to fire. In doing so I noticed, that there is alot of play in the BGB. It looks like the drive shaft it comming apart. I guess I'll have to address that over the weekend. If all goes as planned I should be riding it around by the end of the weekend. My advice to all who live close enough, get to Kirks house, I just might go back!!!:D:D:D Thanks again Kirk. Elon

Kirk, Thanks! Michael G. P.S. Kirk has a pretty good amount of tractors/implements to move. He's in let's make a deal mode. It's definitely worth a visit!

In the coming week, around working and getting the house "Patched and Painted", I'll be working on sorting out the things I'll be keeping from what's up for wheeling and dealing. Keep in mind that I'm not getting rid of all my tractor stuff, not even close to it. I will be keeping just about everything I only have one of. I'd hate to list what I'll be keeping, but there will still be lots of stuff. Some of the implements will be: Johny Bucket Jr. two Johny boxes(one each orange and yellow. These are the first two made for these tractors) moldboard plow(no coulter wheel) front mount Sears spring tine dethatcher three belt blower mower decks, maybe 6 or 8 various wheel weights tire chains tires and wheels walking tractors walking tractor implements: 30" dozer/plow blade sickle bar cutter front counter weight front attachment clamp Others I'm sure I'm forgetting right now... spare parts, many assorted... As far as engines, I have a Kohler Magnum 18 opposed twin, Briggs 16 opposed twin, several Briggs 16 CI singles, maybe a 14(not sure), some 12 and 10 CI singles, a couple Model 19's and maybe a 23D or two... You need only ask those who have dealt with me what it means when I say "I try to send folks away happy..."

;)Kirk, Only met ya once, but boy do I see "git her gone" remorse hitting you in days to come. Wish you were closer and my barn was cleaner, I'd tell you to plant it down here and wait!!*LOL* BTW, ;)It is great to see you back with time to post again. You have been missed. Anyone from down east going up, I know Tom B. is looking for a spring loaded snow plow...... Joe

Looks like you have a little bit of everything.Glad you are getting more ground in the future.Maybe you can buy more toys once you get a new house....

Well guys, this is the way I'm setting it up... I'll be around all day Friday and Saturday during daylight hours. We're on open overtime at work(of course, right at the exact time I have about a zillion things to get done elsewhere...) so I may end up working nights those days too... I'm not "taking orders" for parts, not offering to dig through looking for "that one thing" that anyone needs, or anything else like that. If you want to get some stuff you have to come out here and cut some kind of a deal. Like I said before, just about anything reasonable and fair will fly. Cash sales, parts in exchange for hauling off and storing stuff, etc... About the only thing I won't do is trade so that I end up getting more stuff here. The whole idea is to get my yard emptied out so I can show the house. I've worked out a deal with Rob to eBay some stuff, Elon will store some stuff for me too. One other thing, those who show up and help me out the most will end up with the best deals. Only want one or two things? No problem, but don't expect "give away" deals. Willing to store a bunch of stuff, figure you'll be made a happy camper for your efforts....

Kirk, I'll be bringing that friend over saturday sometime. Knowing him, he'll want to get there when the store opens! lol please let me know what the best time will be for you. Just incase you do work the night before. Oh, I should be able to hawl some of your stuff for storage this trip. Elon