Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

garage clean

jkmustang1

Cleaned out some of the garage today put some stuff away and got rid of a junk water softner that we took out of the house. What to do with the 300 or so pounds of salt? (Alice) my B110 and my Simplicity lawn cart were up to the task:)

[

Hauled it to my dad's house acrossed town for his softner:D

Those lawncarts are the neatest carts i have ever used or seen. I use mine all the time around here. Nice pictures you have taken of your B110 & cart.

Nice pictures Jon.Kim has been feeding you good.Married life must agree with you.Please explain to me about the water softner.

Stormy water here is hard has alot of iron and lime in it. That causes rust stains on clothing sinks and dry skin and dingy clothes. Using a machine with proper setting we add salt to the water. The lime and iron stick to it or delute in the water making it softer. That way your soap works better and things get and stay cleaner. You run treated water to the whole house except one extra spicket for drinking in kitchen or outside use. It's like calcon soap stuff on a big scale

I can only image if you got a flat along the way; would AAA cover it? Or the crazy look you'd get from a tow truck (flat bed?) driver! Cool.

• 2 weeks later...