Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blade Loader

bluecap24

Hello, I stumbled across this website www.superior-tech.com the other day and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on it. It is an attachment that connects to the dozer blade and turns it into a bucket. I have a 1920H with power angle and was thinking about trying something like this. What does the peanut gallery think????

We've seen this before. I'm sure it has it's usefullness, but without the cutting edge being able to be adjusted on demand, it looks limited to a modified wheel barrow.

I think that you could mount the clam shell cylinder so that you could put pressure against the top of the blade and tilt it against the springs couldn't you? It would be like hitting a stump with the blade and it folds down. This would make the cutting edge digg down.

I has serious thoughts of building one of these for my 1920H but found a loader first. Looks to me like it could be made to work.

quote:
Originally posted by bluecap24
I think that you could mount the clam shell cylinder so that you could put pressure against the top of the blade and tilt it against the springs couldn't you? It would be like hitting a stump with the blade and it folds down. This would make the cutting edge digg down.
I have doughts of being able to push the edge down and it digging in, when you go to raise it up with the cutting edge dug in it would dump open and drop what you just picked up.

Did al ya al check the price. Introductry offer $595.00. I looked at one in the Tractor Store last saturday for $395.00. Its made fit on a 4 wheeler, But after looking at mounting frame,bucket, etc. I believe it could be made to fit any of the large frame tractors without much problems.