Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Redneck Yard of the Week

Jovee

Been debating on send this pic into Blue Collar TVs Redneck Yard of the Week contest. My wife and friends are pushing the issue but Im worried about someone from our fine city's government seeing it and sending the ticket machines to my house. I'm sure I'm violating something. There's a few more I could 've pushed out there. I did get all the release forms for the show but I'm still hesitant. 8 [img]/club2/attach/Jovee/yard2.jpg[/img]

I would go for it! make sure that they don't give out your address. Someday I hope to have a nice jard, like yours too some day! :D:D

I dont think it looks too bad...everything is lined up and i dont see any couches, chest freezers or Chevy Cavaliers on blocks..! :-)

What is that blue pickup in the back. Thinking it would be something my grandson can grow into. I've souped up his Power Wheels got it up to 15 miles and hour. Grandpa can not run that fast for any amount of time.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Wish my back yard was that neat and orderly.
The downside is thats my whole yard. 2 miles from downtown Pittsburgh. I keep the green covers over most of them so they are undetectable from the air :D

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
What is that blue pickup in the back. Thinking it would be something my grandson can grow into. I've souped up his Power Wheels got it up to 15 miles and hour. Grandpa can not run that fast for any amount of time.
The blue pickup is an ancient fiberglass Chevy mounted on an 70's 11hp MTD chassis. It has working head and tailights and horn. I need to Elonize it because the factory rearend goes as fast as a factory rearend. It rode in parades in its hayday. I'm the 4th owner

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Joe I fail to see what qualifies your yard as "redneck". Come on down to Kentucky and I'll give ya some lessons!
I agree with that -- I don't see a single stack of cinder blocks, dead appliance, nor old sofa anywhere....

I thought the hubcaps and carparts would do it but I have a recliner I could add and a few TVs- I have bad teeth. Does that count?:D

I couldn't see a tripod with a chain fall hoist and an engine hanging from it or even a chain fall hoist hanging from a tree limb. You've got a long way to go.:D

Not even close on the redneck yard. If it does have grass it's not cut and too high to see the cars on blocks or the other parts and stuff:D Oh mind the snakes and owner with the double barrel shotgun full of rock salt or buck shot[:0] Fine bunch of tractors there:)

• 2 weeks later...
You have alot of nice looking tractors there.I have seen alot more places that look more worse off than that.You have a goldmine there in tractors.

quote:
Originally posted by Jovee The blue pickup is an ancient fiberglass Chevy mounted on an 70's 11hp MTD chassis. It has working head and tailights and horn. I need to Elonize it because the factory rearend goes as fast as a factory rearend. It rode in parades in its hayday. I'm the 4th owner [img]/club2/attach/jovee/monster1a.jpg[/img]
Hey HEY Hey ! Now............... Be careful as to what you call "Ancient" Might make some of us feel prematurely old:D

quote:
Originally posted by Jovee
Sorry about that Junior :D Wait until you're my age :D:D:D
Actually you are junior to me...:D I just havn't updated my profile for a couple of years..;) The big 40 is coming next summer Hard to believe, but I can still remember that body style on the car lots new. Also have faint memories of Moms 67 Mercury Cougar. Faint though. I better remember the 71 Cougar. Wish either one of em was still in the family....

A good friend a few years younger currently runs a 75 GMC like the one in the pic. To look at it you would think it survived both world wars. My memory only goes back to my parents banana yellow 70 Ambassador