Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Value of a used mower deck.

JamesK

So some fella stopped by and asked If I wanted to sell the 48inch deck for the B-212/210. I am going to sell it but not sure what a average value is. The deck is solid no holes and the spindles spin easily by hand. The paint is well old and has scratches as usual. Any ideas, I am clueless and it came as part of a package deal. But I am about convinced that ALL the B series stuff is going to be sold off. James K.

Look on ebay, prices vary. It's a question of need, what you'll guarrentee, if you will split it up as parts. How it's getting transported, etc. etc. $10 - $450. The Simplicity tractors are NOT in high demand, rare parts go for $$, the rest go as parts are needed. I sell complete decks, tested and guarrentee them as such. After those are gone (besides what I need), the rest go for parts (worth more in parts). I have sold one or two a year. If you like looking at it, you'll sell it. If you want money now, you will get somewhat between what it's worth and what you can get. If you give it away, you'll get $10. Last one I bought for $10 off ebay, local pickup - it wasn't selling (it needs work). I will not buy parts off ebay much more after some of the lies I've gotten (almost new blades, new bearings, right ... lies). I have a large lawn, I'll eventually either use or sell all my decks. Good luck.