Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another snow thrower hitch questions

mmischni

Hello, New member here. I recently purchased a 32" rotary snow thrower for my 1964 or 65 Simplicity Broadmoor (990303). Foolishly I thought the brackets that came with it looked right and decided I would figure it out at home. Anyhow, after downloading a diagram, I see the hitch hardware is not right for my tractor. However, there should be plenty of material to fabricate what I need out of what I have, but it looks like the hitch bracket I need to make has a funny angle for the idler, as well as a bit of down angle on the bracket just past the tractor heading toward the thrower mounting points. Do any of you fellows have such a setup that would take pictures and maybe measurements for me so that I can be sure what to build? Otherwise I am shooting blind based off of an exploded sketch. The part number for the hitch bracket I need is 106500 Push Arm Assembly. Thanks very much, and any other ideas/advice would be appreciated! Dimensions I would really like are distance from the tractor mounting holes to the thrower mounting holes, from the ground to the thrower mounting holes, angle of bracket arms, and angle of idler pulley. More pics would help too! Thanks in advance! Matt

Just a thought on the hitch you need. Look on SIMPLICITYMFG.COM click on manuals and enter 990882 and parts manual. This will show you the set up and parts breakdown. Most of those early throwers used this hitch. good luck Paul

I do already have that picture, so I have a starting place, but I would still be interested in some measurements, cause that 3/4 line drawing gives me precious little details to go on. Thanks for the link though, I didn't previously have the actual manual for this snow thrower! Matt