Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sure beats raking!

BruceF

Finally used the 612 I got a while back (http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54084) for what I bought it for, picking up leaves.

Didn't do too bad. Had to go over it twice to get it this clean.

At least I don't have to rake leaves any more.:D

I like my catcher too!! The only problem is the grand daughter always wants a pile to jump in. I try to leave enough for a pretty good pile, I liked to jump in them when I was a kid........

I never did rake but always felt guilty when Wifey got blisters even though I offered her my gloves. ^Bought a used Agri-Fab sweeper for $10 and new wheels and axles for $80. Now Wifey no longer gets blisters and she lets me fish more. :X(Northern Pike bite in October):o)

Very nice outfit you have there.I would like to get something like this for my AGCO 2027 to be able to pick up leaves and not have to rake would be Great............

Exact same setup I have on my 6008, though it's dead on the lawn at the moment. I did one pass over the whole yard with it before it quit and it does a great job. Just wish the hoppers were bigger. I have a lot of big maples on my property!

I haven't rake a leaf for 8 years. Bought a used pego PTO driven that will fit an any large frame tractor. Pad $100.00 plus $69.00 for the bag. Put it on my 914AC and went to work. What a dis apointment, wife doesn't want to run the tractor to pick up the leaves, but sure likes how it works. Leaves get pick up in the fall now rather than early or late spring before we were done raking like in the past. Oh we have leaves that need to be raked on 2 acre.

• 2 weeks later...
You think that setup works good ( I have used that exact setup before) you should try the PTO powered system on the large frames. Sucks the bugs outta the grass.

Brent, I would love to try one of the PTO powered systems, just haven't found one I could afford yet. :( This complete unit only cost me $100 plus gas to go get it. :D

Nothing beats a nice fall day of tractor use. Got up this morning and installed the new gator blades on the trusty workhorse 7014 shuttle and cleaned up the yard a little. I had to go over it twice also, with all the trees the leaves really pile up. The gators seem to chop them up a lot finer resulting in fewer trips to dump the trailer. Sure beats the blisters from the rake, but I miss the smell of burning leaves every now and then.