Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Regent bagger question

Joeslawnmowing

I have a 2005 regent 38" cut, there is a ad in a local trader paper for a bagger on a broadmoor, says its two years old and for a 38" deck Would this fit my regent, price is very good and cant afford a new one any help would be appreciated

Welcome to our club Joe. With a little research I'm sure you will find an answer. I'd suggest you get the manufacturer's number off your tractor. Also see if you can get the #'s off the one for sale. Then check to see if the #'s corrospond with the useable attachments. I wish I could give you a more direct answer but I'm not as proficiant at doing the cross ref. as some here. Plus, to be sure you will need some numbers.

this is the 4th simplicity that ive operated in my 20 years on earth and the first that is mine, i bleed green and yellow but for mowers orange is the only one who do you suggest that i contact on here to get a better idea, i might call my dealer in the morning

THE TURBO ON THE REGENT IS 1693225 AND THE BROADMOOR IS 1693226. THEY ARE ALMOST THE SAME AND WILL WORK WITH A LITTLE FABRICATING. I WOULD BUY IT WITH THE STIPULATION THAT IF IT DOESN'T FIT THE WAY YOU WANT IT - YOU CAN RETURN IT PAUL

PS IF THE BAGGER DOES NOT HAVE A TURBO, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM. THE MOUNTING ON THE REAR WILL BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT. MAKE SURE YOU GER THE CORRECT LARGE BLADE WITH THE KIT. IT HAD MUCH LARGER FINS TO MOVE THE GRASS AND LEAVES. PAUL

dealer just said that its the same style hopper but not same style mounting hardware?? its kinda hard to turn it down for only 140 bucks i thought about offering 125 and if it doesnt work reselling it

well everyone i just went and bought it, got the guy down to 120 bucks and there was a few extra parts (2 high lift blades, 1 brand new) 2 discharge chute adapters, the bags had just been replaced and all the hardware was there :D going to mount it either tonight or tomorrow ill try to post pics

One small problem with this unit, the part that mounts the rear of the tractor is too narrow (by about 2 inches or so im guessing) and im hoping that either my dealer can help me or im going to take it to a welding shop and have them section in a peice to make it fit on

Like all good soldiers you have to improvise, adapt, overcome. Sounds to me you've got thing well in hand. Good luck, have fun.

Talked to my dealer today, ordered me the right part i need to make it fit my tractor $68.00 bucks but a new one is over 400 so its worth it, as a side note the folks at mutton power in Ft Wayne are awesome:D