Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JD 3320

rodon

I own a Simplicity 4041 PowerMax so do not tar and feather me yet. It needs some work - I decided I wanted another tractor to use while I work on the the 4041 (Going to take me awhile as I need to learn to work on it first). Anyway. Not sure how much you boys love/hate/love to hate the new CUTS. Anyway I love this one and thought I would share. Currently have the 300X loader and 7-Iron 72" mower. 3SCVs and HST and MFWD on the tractor with mid PTO also added. Pretty fun. More Pics [url]http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/[/url]. Let the bashing commence. [img]http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/332013.jpg[/img]

If you are happy, that's all that counts. IMHO...a tractor is not supposed to look fast sitting still....even the loader frame is curved to look streamlined.... That's just not right!!

Looks real nice to me. The four wheel drive is a huge advantage and I really like how the mower decks can remain on with the FEL of newer machines. How hard is it to remove the deck for strickly loader use? As far as bashing, I'd be happy to park that in my garage and have nothing negative to say.

Nope, other than the sloped, yuppy, hood it looks like a real nice tractor. Infact, I see some design in the loader and loader frame that I honestly like a lot!! Joe

Loader goes on and off fully in 1 minute literally. The mower deck takes considerably longer - 5 minutes on and off! This tractor was designed with the functionality of changing uses quickly. The loader is self standing. To remove the loader you lower the bucket and you flip two levers (accessible from the tractor seat) and hydrolicly lift the loader off its two post frame (two arms come down to teh ground forming the loaders rear stand), then unplug the hoses (after the tractor is turned off), and then just start the tractor up and back it away from the loader. Install is just as simple - all steps in reverse. The mower deck has four pins and a roll latch and quick disconnects from the mid PTO and then it rolls out on the right side. On new smaller 2305 series JD SCUTS, they have a 62" mower that has a drive over feature - no need to even roll it out. All are very easy to take on and off and service for that matter.

• 4 weeks later...
And now outfitted for some snow action!! [img]http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/plow1.jpg.w560h420.jpg[/img] [img]http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/plow3.jpg.w560h420.jpg[/img] [img]http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/plow2.jpg.w560h420.jpg[/img]

No bashing from me, looks sweet and simmilar in size to my cub Cadet 7254. What is the power plant? and what is the country of origen ? When I went looking, the JD machines were all Non USA built untill you got into the 4300 series and that was way too big for me to justify to the wife. Have fun with it. For snow removal this year I just ordered a 66" wide Lorenz 3pt blower

Nice looking tractor with a nice looking blade.You should be able to push plenty of snow with the 4 wheel drive.You are the one the is paying for it,so if you are happy with it that is all that counts.I still like my orange better ,but you have to buy what meets your demands and pocketbook.

That JD is a nice rig. I'd love to have one but can't see spending the kind of coin it takes to get one. The powermaxs are nice too but I'm sure you'll always be heading for the JD over the powermax now, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by arnoldir
What is the power plant? and what is the country of origen ? When I went looking, the JD machines were all Non USA built untill you got into the 4300 series and that was way too big for me to justify to the wife.
The only thing Non-USA on those smaller JD's is the engine. The rest is all USA made JD. The Yanmar engines are the only shared components with foreign brand tractors, the transmissions are completely different.

quote:
Originally posted by bigcountry
quote:
What is the power plant? and what is the country of origen ? When I went looking, the JD machines were all Non USA built untill you got into the 4300 series and that was way too big for me to justify to the wife.
The only thing Non-USA on those smaller JD's is the engine. The rest is all USA made JD. The Yanmar engines are the only shared components with foreign brand tractors, the transmissions are completely different.
From what research I have done the Yanmar is an excellent engine. Anyone here have any issues with their yanmar?? BTW - the 3320 at 32HP is the same as a 4310 or 4400 model of old. It is not a SCUT like a 4115 or 2210 or new 2320 and smaller size. The 3320 is the medium frame I will tak a picture side by side with the PowerMax and you will definately see the difference. The PowerMax is about the size of a 2210 JD and B3030 Kubota.

quote:
Originally posted by rodon
quote:
Originally posted by bigcountry
quote:
From what research I have done the Yanmar is an excellent engine. Anyone here have any issues with their yanmar?? BTW - the 3320 at 32HP is the same as a 4310 or 4400 model of old. It is not a SCUT like a 4115 or 2210 or new 2320 and smaller size. The 3320 is the medium frame I will tak a picture side by side with the PowerMax and you will definately see the difference. The PowerMax is about the size of a 2210 JD and B3030 Kubota.
The Yanmars are great engines. It's just a few people around and about do not like foreign based small engines. I have no problem with them in small equipment such as mowers and compacts, but I do not like the larger foreign items such as Toyotas and Nissans.

Only thing I own that's Green is my lawn. But.....if one happened to drop in my lap, I wouldnt turn it away. By the way.......since no one else has asked........What's your total outlay for the Green Machine and all it's toys?? Gotta tell ya........I have less than a grand in ALL 6 of my tractors and they suit my needs here. But that's only 3.5 acres ya know. Anxious to know what a new yuppie looking rig with toys runs these days. :-D

Hey Rodon, I'm gonna have to take back my comment on the size comparison of your machine vs my Cub Cadet 7254. Stopped by the JD dealer to pick up my snowblower and had a look around. My Cub is about the size of the small frame JD like the 2520, but has a 2" shorter wheelbase and slightly smaller rear R4 tires. Side by side with my 720 they are almost identical overall. They did not have any 3320's but according to the spec sheet it's almost 1000 lbs heavier than a 2520 so it must be quite substantial. Shure wish I had more room for a beast like yours.

The 3320 is very deceiving on size and power. This is quite a lot of tractor in this footprint. I am loving it. Just took the 72" MMM off this week. Holy cow the John Deere 7-iron decks are heavy - hernia heavy. I got a 3pt quick hitch (Imatch) and a ballast box setup. Have about 700 lbs of rear ballast on there now. Plow is installed on the loader arms and I am ready for the snow!