Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gold mine here

ehertzfeld

Check this out! all I can say is wow if it sells, I got a few!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7717412962&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 Elon

I heard a joke where a guy would go up to 100 women with a line which might let him get a little more aquinted with a women. While the line was on the raw side, he figured if he said it to at least 100 women, he might get successful. I think this guys prices remind me of that joke. Elon, I hope you looked at his other items for sale; those are a little raw too! BTW: I had someone contact me about buying two of those rope pulley parts, I haven't had time to call him back...

This guy is a gal... Susan -- can't remember her last name... used to be a member and advertised for a little while. Her grandfather had/has an Allis (now Agco) and Ford (now NH) dealership. Note the prices. Note the shipping. Think carefully. I won't say any more publicly, but I've bought one expensive thing from her about 5+ years ago (cart and vacuum) and I'll never buy any more...

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Don't know how much they sell but they're sure proud of their stuff.
Looks like a full-time ebay-er. Lots of positive feedback. Somebody probably needs that part to finish a resto. If so, maybe they will cough up the cash. If not, they won't. Pure Capitalism. Ain't it great? Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by michaelg221
Is it Capitalism or are they way to one side of the economic supply-demand curve?
That will be decided by the Market. eBay only facilitates that market. Now if we could only buy gasoline on eBay...lol Tacey

she is a gold miner. She has used various ebay names. One I belive was Allis chic, another was lawnngardenstore. She is not above mis-representing her items.

I bought a tailgate from them last fall for a simpicity lawn cart and got a good deal. I need a steering wheel for a B-112 and sent them a email and they never responded to it and the auction had 5 days left when I sent it to them. I also think that $20.00 to ship a steering wheel is rediculous. That same steering wheel has been on there for a year or so.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
This guy is a gal... Susan -- can't remember her last name... used to be a member and advertised for a little while. Her grandfather had/has an Allis (now Agco) and Ford (now NH) dealership. Note the prices. Note the shipping. Think carefully. I won't say any more publicly, but I've bought one expensive thing from her about 5+ years ago (cart and vacuum) and I'll never buy any more...
Kent I thought it was her. I have her in my favorate store section along with about 10 others. I remember putting her in there after we had a disscution about her last year. After that amount of time, I fogot who is who. LOL I wish I could put foot notes aside there names, I could but a "do not buy from" next to hers!!! lol Elon

Check out the shipping on this one for international shipping . [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/STEERING-WHEEL-for-Allis-Chalmers-B110-B112-HB112_W0QQitemZ7720104553QQcategoryZ82242QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem [/url]

I think mack is right $800.00 is a lot. I bought all the stuff to put hydro lift on my AC914 off E-bay for about $250.00. And that includs having to buy pressure springs an have some line made. But don't we all determine the price we are willing to pay for something.

Ray, I was second bidder on this steering wheel on auction # 7720104553 at 10.49 and the winning bidder came in at $10.99.I just received a second chance offer from her with a buy it now for my bid of $10.49. What happend to the winning bidder at $10.99??? Tonight the same steering wheel is listed with a buy it now price of $10.49 auction # 7721715976. It sounds like this woman is a rip off artist and all the members should be told to STAY AWAY!!! Vinnie

Vinnie, A couple of weeks ago I posted a want ad in the classified wanting a steering wheel for a B112. A week went by and I heard nothing from anyone so I moved the ad back to the top of the classifieds. That steering wheel has been on ebay for over a year and then suddenly there was 2 of them from the same seller. the pictures were the same but shipping on one of them was $10.00 and the other was $20.00. I asked to see a better picture of them 5 days before the auction ended but never recieved them. I thought that $20.00 for shipping was rediculous so I didn`t bid. I have seen instances on ebay where you would think that the seller and buyer knew eack other ran the price up on the item and offered a second chance to the person next in line.

Isn't the immediate payment part of it a little odd also? Most sellers are open to a couple of payment options. I think I would stay away too. Some pretty cool parts though... Tim

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie_A
Ray, I was second bidder on this steering wheel on auction # 7720104553 at 10.49 and the winning bidder came in at $10.99.I just received a second chance offer from her with a buy it now for my bid of $10.49. What happend to the winning bidder at $10.99??? Tonight the same steering wheel is listed with a buy it now price of $10.49 auction # 7721715976. It sounds like this woman is a rip off artist and all the members should be told to STAY AWAY!!! Vinnie
I'm in a local online truck group and we have a forum specifically dedicated to identifying Ebay scammers and con-artists and alerting members not to buy from certain Ebay sellers. Maybe we should have a section like that here.:D

I found part #177045 being sold by this sell, see http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7721646573&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 ... it's the left side 48" vacuum collector. They have a buy-it now price of around $43, that's not bad since I paid $63 for mine new! It does not fit the old 48" decks.... I learned. Careful if you think it will.

After reading this thread, I don't think I'd patronize her for one main reason. I tend to be a cheapskate and look for the best deal on parts. Also arrogantly worded auctions tend to put me off. By the way, if it's so rare and valuable, why is it even for sale? Warning Sign#1. The auction touts the word RARE, (my local junkyard is full of rare stuff), translation: rare=ultra-valuable bring your wallet, checkbook, first born etc. Warning sign #2. Immediate payment required, (yeah sure, hard to put a stop payment on an instant payment), translation: "I want your hard earned money up front and then I'll ship your item...when I'm darn good and ready! Okay, granted there are good and bad sellers and bidders, but if I am selling something I'm going to try and attract customers. Sounds like someone in business to make a buck of those who don't know any better.

Brian, some of that stuff is rare and not available through a dealer any more but this here is completely gold digging or capitalism. buying for $275.00 [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66761&item=7709429531[/url] and selling for $800.00 [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7719108572&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT[/url] I have sold a few of them myself for $275-$300.00 but I don`t think anybody is dumb enough to pay 800.00 for one.

After e mailing this person she told me all about how rare the $ 800 item really is and that I should not be sneaking around behind her back after I made a previous post here about her e bay reacord. She is not worth dealing with just stay away from her.She said she could not post on this site because she was not a member.If she applies for membership I vote NO!!!

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
Brian, some of that stuff is rare and not available through a dealer any more but this here is completely gold digging or capitalism. buying for $275.00 [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66761&item=7709429531[/url] and selling for $800.00 [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7719108572&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT[/url] I have sold a few of them myself for $275-$300.00 but I don`t think anybody is dumb enough to pay 800.00 for one.
Well at least she didn't use the same picture! lol Elon