Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gold mine here

ehertzfeld

At the prices she is charging she only needs to sell a fraction of the items listed to make it profitable to keep listing the stuff like she is. She continues, so she must be getting those sales. I cant complain about her as she has purchased items from me before without trouble and I may have bought one from her as well, but cant remember. Misrepresenting a item is one thing, but pricing it higher than the normal going price is not a crime. All she is doing is fishing for the buyers that do not shop, do not research their wanted items, nor compare prices. In that respect it could be argued she is taking undue advantage of people, but is she really?

I have sold lots of lawn and garden tractor stuff on ebay. I wouldn't steer away from a auction because it says immeadite paypal payment required. Paypal is one of the safest way to due transaction on ebay and trust me it is in the buyers favor. Something is worth what ever someone will pay.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
In that respect it could be argued she is taking undue advantage of people, but is she really?
Nope. She can always lower her price. She's less ignoying than the cheap tractor hobbiests who call you up and say "I want to come over and check out your stuff .... " and a few sentenance later "...yeah I buy a lot of tractors and never pay more than $^^.^^ a tractor". Those are not even tire kickers.... At least I know not to invite them over.

I do agree that some of the prices are the "obnoxious" price. There are five prices: ridiculous, fast, the median, slow, and obnoxious. There is probably another price "Stupid"; that's also a game I am sure some of the folks on this site play. Has anyone on this site played stupid when buying something from a seller and laughed about it here? The stupid game is just as "not nice" as taking advantage of someone on eBay. Or is it the same?

Same company, at it again. Posted - 11/08/2005 : 18:24:15 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RARE Hydraulic LIFT Setup Allis Chalmers Simplicity Ends Nov-15-05 07:25:03 PST http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Hydraulic-LIFT-Setup-Allis-Chalmers-Simplicity_W0QQitemZ7724135364QQcategoryZ82242QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The 800.00 one is an old style w/ the square tank. Rare yes, worth 800.00, no. These are the one's Simplicity had problems w/ leaking. Why would someone want an 800.00 problem.

If you check out her feedback, all items sold recently were $50 or cheaper, not including her laughable shipping costs. Prices on those items were still insane: $50.00 manuals? $30 video tapes? And my favorite, a $12 shaft guard. And $10 min. for shipping, even on media???? One feedback thing said "no surprises" yeesh.

Check out her two best auctions on ebay now.The steering wheel I refused the second chance offer on for my bid of $10.49 plus $20 shipping is now listed with a buy it now of $ 39.99 but the shipping is only $10. She also lists a " NOS Updated design coated battery hold down" for only $39.99 and the shipping is only $10. What a deal for $49.99 if you buy this and have another $49.99 you can buy a new battery at Sears to go underneath it. I really dont call this capitalism I call this greed.

Can't say that I've had any problems with her.I know I bought a sleeve hitch adapter from her and she has bought stuff from me. Member Profile: allischick (183) http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=allischick