Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 power

Mick14

A friend gave me a single belt snow blower [990345] to use on my 725,which runs great [thanks again EricD] ,my question is,does this engine have the power to run this blower or should i be looking at a blade instead ? also when i shut the engine down it continues to rotate a few more times than i think is normal,would this indicate low compression ? i always shut it down at 1/2 throttle. thanks

I'll put it this way, over the summer I had deck going and the front mounted flail mower going at the same time, and was only running about half throttle. Elon

I've only used a blower on a 2012 and sometimes it uses all 12Hp and would like more, but, if you don't push into the snow faster than it throws it out you should be fine. I use a plow as long as I can because I think it's faster. It's not until we have so much snow from previous storms and there's no place to push the new snow (or we get the unusual 20" storm) that I put on the blower. I've been planning for the past 2 years - this year will make 3 - to clean, prime & paint the inside of the blower and the auger (I have done the spout). I think due to the kind of snow we seem to get around here that usually changes to rain at the end are a challenge to the blower and having a smooth inside has got to help. I'd also suggest that you keep spare belt on hand. Good luck with it!

My buddy uses two Broadmoors between him and his son to clear a 300' driveway, they have no problem. His tip was to paint and smooth the inside of the chute I have as much to plow/blow, but I've got a huge parking area. That's a challenge any way.

I used my 725 last winter because I was hoping to rebuild the B-112 which has a very tired 16hp in it. Did notice a lot of difference but it did just fine. Just gotta adjust ground speed to match the work load.