Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Guess Nobody got any Snow

SmilinSam
Not in the forecast yet here. I got one tractor ready with a blower. Got to mow in town one more time then I'll bring the Conquest home to get the cab and blower on that. Spent all day yesterday rebuilding Snowblades with hacked up hitches. Oh what Joy...What Fun....

Ronald Hribar
Maynard Did you get to put your generator to work? I wondering how much of a load it can handle. We have gas stove,furnace,water heater andgas dryer. So there is not many heavy loads. I'm putting together a generator also and do not know how much it will handle, it is 5000w.

D-17_Dave
Don't exspect too much out of a 5K gen pack. But w/ gas stuff,(like me), you should be able to run the furnace fan, the fridge, a few lights as needed and the TV w no trouble. What most people forget is the capacity to start the motors that you might want to run. It'll take about 3 times the power to start a motor under load like a compressor till it gets up and running. But it's sure better than nothing.

comet66
Something else to remember. Just about everything today has some pretty sensitive electronics in it. Everything from your TV, to your range and furnace. Generators will need to be filtered and regulated to protect these circuits. Don't just slap any old generator on modern apliances. If you are hooking up to the whole house, don't forget to isolate from the power company to protect their workers.

UCD
Ron No I did not. The power went out just after 8:00 PM so we just went to bed. the power came back on at 4:00 AM. The 4kw gen. in my MH. will handle the refrigerator, tv, microwave and AC with no problem.