Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AcFordHawk

Homestead vs Broadmoor vs Homelite

AcFordHawk
Since getting the Allis Homesteader, I have been researching the crossreference stuff but dont have a direct model Simplicity might have made like the Homesteader. The gallery and model brochures. Some come close, maybe the 728 Broadmoor or the Homelite T-8? Any suggestions?

Chris727
The 728 is a fair amount different from the Homesteader. Most of the sheet metal, and mower deck are different. The Homesteader 8 was modeled on the AC B207, main difference is the B207 had a peerless trans while the Homesteader has a Simplicity built transmission. The broadmoor with the most interchanging parts is probably a 717, though it still has a lot of differences. There were even 2 different Homesteader 8's. There is an early one whith black lettering on the hood decals and foot pegs, and there is a later one with white lettering on the hood and larger footrests more like those of a 728 broadmoor, also the steering wheels are different and the fender pan differs a little.

AcFordHawk
Chris, thanks for the info. By just comparison of the gallery and other brochure info, the Homesteader looks like a combination of components from several models. Mike, would be interested in the snowblower but funds and time are lacking currently - typical isnt it? Will keep in mind though.