Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How about this winter Cab?

eagle5473

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&Item=7721718187 I will be picking it up saturday I think I can make it work for my AC720....What do you guys think? For $26 you cant go wrong except its 150 miles away from me LOL

Dave, The rear uprights should work out ok with the rear fenders, I am thinking I will need to fabricate front supports to run from the foot rests to the roof, and support the windshield on that, there may be some openings around the front......Or I might sell it I have already had 1 offer on it LOL!!!! But I would like to have a cab for this winter

There are people who are very interested in these Elec-Trac machines, and would likely pay a small fortune for this original piece!

I purchased a cab off of e-bay from a deere 420 tractor hopeing I could make it work on my 620. I think I could have done it by lenthening the top and makeing a front mount to support it all on. The side doors were soft sided and worn out so I would ave had to have done something with that also. But I was lucky and got the hard cabbed tractor fron Don B a few weeks ago. It neds some work, as any 30+ year old tractor does, but I'm going to use it. There's a surpriseing amount of room in it and it's not hard to get in and out of(with my biuld)lol, so I think I'll be well taken care of for the 3-4" of snow we get here per year.

Dave...... It is simply not fair that a nice hard cab powermax is going to be wasted on 3-4 inches of snow.......While I am not in the Snow belt 60-80 inches a year does happen here in CT

Don't worry Aaron, it won't go to waste. There should be lots of chores this winter that I'd be happy to do inside my cab. Once I get it fixed and on. It may wait till I get my diesel installed before going on. Heat and AC would be nice while doing chores wouldn't it.

quote:
Originally posted by Morris
Actually using the body for work = energy spent = heat. Wind blowing in your face as you drive = Air conditioning. :D
Morris, I'm sure I'll stay warm moveing wood to the house and other chores. But with power steering and the ease of useing my tractor, (not to mention my 130pounds and lack of insulation) I stay cold. As for AC....You also being here in NC you should be familiar w/ these hot and humid summer days. YUCK. I love mowing and other chores. I also love useing any of my AC tractors. I'm just looking to find ways to combine my love of tractors w/ more than just some meager comfort. The guy mowing the field for hay next to me today was in a new this year JD cabbed tractor talking on a cell phone while mowing. I'm not loooking fo rthis kind of results, just a little less fatigue when done. Finding this cab just makes for me less of a chalange by not haveing to do a lot of fab. work to acheave some results. By what most of you have seen, I'm not afraid of chopping up some metal to get what I want. But this is one case I got lucky and don't have to go to all that trouble.8D

Got the cab home yesterday looks like it will fit I am thinking that if I keep and use this cab, I will notch the windshield to match the conture of the hood on the AC720, I may have to shrten the rear supports but it looks like there is plenty of head room with them, the sides and rear almost look new 1 or 2 small tears but nothing major, steel is white and could use some new pait it will be Orange if it gets that far.....will send pics if I dont sell it