Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

36" single belt snow thrower

TOMT

I am looking for the drawing showing the belt routing for this snow thrower. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Also need belt length & cross section. thks, Tom

Tom, I'll ask first What tractor is this snowblower on? The blower itself fits many tractors, depending on the hitch.

Lot's of luck...When I got my 3212H the blower it had no belt on it. Got a new one but it took me quite a while to get it on correctly. The thing twists and turns and if you don't get it on correctly the blower turns the wrong way! I suggest starting with a new belt and keep the old one for a spare cause blowers get clogged up with stuff and the belt sure takes a beating! Also make sure the front PTO pully set screw is tight where it goes on the engine shaft. Mine got loose while I was using it last Winter and it went rolling away in the snow! Must have been funny to watch me digging around in the snow to find it but I did!

Read this post you can download a manual from Simplicity website. It`s the same blower as yours. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55307

Fellas Just a bit off topic, but i am getting ready to mount my snowblower for the Boston snow season :( I had a brain fart and was wondering which hole the idler pulley goes into for the blower. I know there is 1 hole for the mower and 1 for the blower they are one ontop of another and right now I have the idler on the top hole; is this the correct one? thanks john

lol ..... I had the same problem last winter .... placed the blower idler on the lower setting and took a digital picture of it !!

If the 3212 is like my 2110,make sure you have the 2 fingers that go on each side of the drive pulley.They are belt guides,and it'll keep throwing the belt without them.

• 2 weeks later...
Again, a little off the topic, but what the heck. I've got a 36" blower for my 3210V, but I managed to smash the idler pulley. Thing is, for some reason the idler pulley I smushed is 5 1/2" in diameter compared to the 4 1/2" diameter pulley that is standard. I put the 4 1/2" pulley on my tractor, but even after adjusting it the belt slips. My Simplicity dealer can only find a cast iron pulley that is 5 1/2" in diamter for just over $30. Does anyone know of any place I could find a steel pulley? I'm thinking it might be cheaper to buy a new belt? Thanks, Bob