Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Free Stuff, come get it but time is short

thedaddycat

Well, things went pretty well last weekend with much stuff going to new owners or into storage. I made 4 trips to the dump today but I still have more to get out of here. If anyone wants the old Sno-Co trailer(same as Tow-Bee) it's yours for the taking. It has to be gone by Saturday, Nov. 13 before noon. After that it will get cut up and hauled to the dump. I have a bunch of tires and wheels, assorted fronts and rears and different sizes. NO, I won't go dig through the pile for you trying to find that one exact match to whatever you have. If you want to take a chance then come on out and take what you want from what's left here by the time you get here. Just about anything left(besides what I'm keeping here for me to use) will also be up for grabs. If there's any interest in anything please respond here. If I don't see much interest I will just scrap everything and not worry about it.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
If anyone wants the old Sno-Co trailer(same as Tow-Bee) it's yours for the taking. It has to be gone by Saturday, Nov. 13 before noon. After that it will get cut up and hauled to the dump.
Wow, isn't that some kind of blastfamy or something. Boy , wish I were a little closer. I'd be more than willing to take the trailer off your hands and help you move to get it. ANYONE CLOSE that can get it for me and hold it????

Someone please save it from the scrape pile. I'd love to have it but I'll never be able to make the trip anytime soon. No matter what shape it's in it would be worth saveing.

Hi, Where abouts are you exaclty? I am having wheel cravings so, would love to come along if you are within range of my dying truck. Best, John

OK, update... First off, Saturday is the 12th instead of the 13th but it still has to be gone by noon. That's because the dump is open 10-2 and I'll still have time to cut it up and haul it away. Second, you will need to have a trailer or big truck to haul it on. The trailer is not road worthy, registered, or insured. Third, there are 4 walking tractors also on the "Free" pile, but they will be gone this Saturday unless someone claims them. Again, they have to be removed by noon on the 12th or they go on a one way ride off the back of my truck... Fourth, there are a couple of decks here. Store or scrap is still up in the air, but if you show up to pick up something else you might just get a freebie(if you want one...) Just about everything else is gone already, the yard and hill are looking rather naked about now....

Hello Kirk...I still need to come up and grab that leaf vac trailer to borrow, so whatever room is left on the truck I can fill up with whatever...save what we can. If I or no one else wants anything after some time (most likely forever:D)I can always bring it to the dump. They love metal there. Depending on what I have going on I might even be able to make multiple trips! ed: Oh..as I'm sure you figured anyway, I won't be able to take the big trailer with my truck.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
you will need to have a trailer or big truck to haul it on.
Acording to the Simple Tractor site, the "Tow Bee" is 10ft 10inches long. Lets see my trailer is 14ft long.........gee ya think I can get it on??? Elon

If I lived closer, I would gladly take that trailer off your hands. It will fit on my tandem axle trailer, and our current Boy Scout troop is badly in need of a trailer. A little angle iron, some welding, and some plywood and it would be good for housing and transporting scout camping gear. Just too far away.

Either or, or both, as it looks now. Local elections will be over, so work should slow down enough. Also, if anyone too far away saw something on Kirk's list they want, I can grab it and hold onto it if you plan to make it to any shows in the New England/upstate New York area over next summer (I don't usually go as far as Maine though). Post here or PM me. Thanks, --Jim

Jim, I'll have another load for you. The collector cart for leaves of course, along with a little more in the way of cultivator parts and maybe a deck or couple of attachments. We'll have to see how everything fits in your truck and adjust accordingly... Thanks again for all your help!!

Well, as fate would have it the town transfer station is only open on Wed. now, not Wed. and Sat. as it had been in the past. I guess the town is trying to save on overtime(and make it harder for the citizens to use the transfer station). That means that I have all 4 walking tractors sitting on my truck for a few more days. They are piled up with everything else loaded on top of them. Still, if anyone wants them they are not "recycled" yet. You will have to show up here before 9:00am Wed. in order to claim anything off the truck, have to help unload whatever is in the way of what you want, and then help re-load the rest back onto the truck. Since I'm on second shift right now that means you might be alone in your efforts(depending on the time of day you show up). The truck will sit at the end of the driveway until I get to go to the transfer station.