Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

blowout while using bagger on 2005 Regent

Joeslawnmowing

Some of you may have read my post about buying a used bagger for my regent, well the bracket came in today is all mounted and i ran it for a hour this afternoon but im agrivated as all getout on the discharge side im getting a hellacious amount of blowout, and it looks tacky to say the least when leaves blow out onto grass your just cleaned and striped Any Suggestions, i am going to call dealer tomorrow and see what they say, but would a peice of rubber on the front of the deck work??

Rear Baggers usually also require special High lift blades and a baffle set that bolts to the underside of the deck for them to work properly. Did you get the blades and baffles with the bagger when you bought it? You could also take the mfg number off the bagger go to the manuals link at the Simplicity mfg website and look up the parts manual for it to see what was all supposed to be there if indeed these parts are required.

Called the dealer and the baffle is 56 bucks, is thre anyway i could mount some peices of rubber to the front of the deck to curb this, ive blwon too much $$$$ already and need a quick fix

Old converoy belting if you can find it works great too. I did that on the front of a sweeper. The belting was about 1/16 thick, rubber covered fabric. Good Luck

I doubt a rubber piece will cure the problem, though it wont hurt to try... Most all the baffles I have seen are shaped steel that reduces the opening of the deck into the boot. Look up the parts manual for your bagger set and see what the baffle looks like...