Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tecumseh Question

Mick14

I'm just finishing up a Tecumseh 8hp.,there are some wires that i can't figure out ,they have something to do with the carb,but aren't actually attached to it.in line in the wiring there's a small round thing that must have some purpose,anyone know what these are and how do you know if they are working ? Thanks

It seems to ground out the ignition,if the throttle is set to low,a lot more complicated than it needs to be.looks like a "murphy" waiting to happen.

Sounds like the on/off switch. I have a B/S push mower engine that is set up that way. Pull the throttle all the way back to shut it down(grounds out the ignition). To start, you must advance the throttle fully the other way to choke it. You can still adjust the engine speed any place between the two positions.