Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Time for a change.....

goatfarmer

This is my 2110 Landlord,about 3 weeks ago,after I dug it out.It had been sleeping under a tarp for about a year.

This is what it looks like today.Just a little different! There is a new store caller Rural King,that opened locally,and this is their Magic brand of paint.It's made from soybeans! The color is AC Orange,and it is definately orange.The Simplicity decals are from a member from Ohio,whose name escapes me at the moment,they look great.

The front axle is from a HB 212 that I parted,I wanted the wider tires on it.The hood stripes are Komatsu excavator,it gives the tractor kind of a Case look. I don't think I will use this paint again.The can said 5-10 hrs drying time,after 24 hrs,there were still a few soft spots.Still have another set of rims to sandblast and paint,new tires,and some touchup on the frame.Now where's that snowblower?

Kris,that's the battery for the tractor. I saw a similar setup on a 725 in a boneyard.It's extra weight for traction,it uses a car battery(from my boat) that would be sitting all winter,and it eliminates the small underhood battery that usually gives up after a year or so. Just have to watch out when backing up!

Only three weeks!!!. I've been working on and off on my project for month's and ain't even close to that. Looks great and thanks.

Nice job. Did you take this down and pull all the parts or was this tape and paint? In any case, it looks great and if it was tape and paint... well maybe I'll do that on a one or two rougher machines.

Thanks for the kind words,everyone! Those are truck marker lights on the corners,Jay. I put this tractor together about 3 years ago,it had a blown engine when I got it.Got all the bugs worked out iver time. I took off the seat deck,hood,grill,and side covers,for repainting. Everything else was tape and paint.The paint job is really a nice 5 footer,kinda hard keeping bugs and such out while it dried.This one earns it's keep,I wasn't concerned with a few bugs,or a bit of overspray in spots. I plan on adding some sort of metal shield to the battery box,it can't hurt.

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
I don't think I will use this paint again.The can said 5-10 hrs drying time,after 24 hrs,there were still a few soft spots.
The finish looks fantastic. Now that it has had more time to cure, how is the hardness - durability? I would sacrifice curing time for a great finish like yours appears to have.