Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hard day of work

ehertzfeld

I took the day off yesterday to get some work done around here. My main tent was a mess and my parts tent was even worse. I'm suffering thru a head and chest cold so it made things go alot slower. I could do about 10min of work and had to sit for 5min. Well alot of rearanging, and it got done. I wish I took a before pic but I didn't think of it. Here are a few of after. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0886.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/img0887.jpg[/img] I have lots of room to work in the main tent. So in the next few day's I'll start working on Kirks loader. Elon

The "Wifes" puller is looking good. Has anyone pulled with it yet? I may have to look into one of those storage tents. Looks alot bigger when straightened out some and I don't think the neighborhood would mind it.

The puller has not pulled anything to date. I guess i could atleast hook a trailer to it just to say it did pull somthing! lol If you don't have a gararge, the tent is a great alternitive. I got my parts tent from a friend. The top ripped so he gave me the rear wall and frame. I got one big tarp and BINGO, another tent! Elon

Looks good Elon. You can come down and re-arrange my hut and garage any time you would like. Wish mine were that clean. My wife and two sons seem to be able to clutter up things with junk faster that I can keep up with it. Just can't get them to understand the difference in meanings of "workshop" and "junk storage". Don't you just love to find old Christmas decorations piled on top of your lathe, or discarded curtains draped over your drill press. There is attic storage overhead in the workshop, but they just can't seem to figure out how to lower the stairs and carry the junk to the top of them. Oh Well! I also have a 12x20 hut (round top tent). I had to put plastic on the ground because of moisture collection on the vinyl covering causing water to drip all over everything inside. The ground plastic stopped the moisture from collecting inside(it condenses underneath the plastic, not inside the tent). I find myself working on tractors more in the hut than in the garage. These are great tractor storage units. Vinyl won't prevent intruders, but you can't stuff a tractor under your coat and walk off.

I have a 14X24 Coverit tent as well. I put some "road wreck" (ground up asphalt & concrete) on the ground and that helps keep the moisture down some. Also put some plastic vents in each end that helped. Yea it seems to be a never ending battle to keep the place clean and organized. Trying to keep the little critters (mice) out is not so easy but dryer sheets do help. It's also nice that the town I live in does not consider the tent to be a shed building so it's not added to my tax bill.

I have a bunch of cats the visit my tents, I see their paw prints on the seats. We have an understanding, they can have any critters that are in there, as long as they don't leave me any presents. lol To date, not one mouse or any piles in eather tents. As far as them being clean, well give me a few weeks! Elon

Clean.. What's that? LOL! I was thinking of buying one of these hut's. I just don't like the idea it can't be locked, I will probably be building a shed with the 2 x6's we will be removing from the house when this addition goes up. Should be able the build a nice 12x16 shed.

Me too. That gives me all kinds of ideas. Do they come with any ventilation at all. Im curious as to how hot it would be working in there in July -

Check out clearspan.com. That is who made mine. I bought my 12x20 from their closeout items for about $400. They list for a little more than that regularly. I am very happy with the quality of that hut. Mine is dark green on the outside, white on the inside, and has a 4 foot wide clear section in the top to let light in. They don't come with ventilation, but vents are sold for them. Once you open the roll up door they cool down fairly quick. I was able to completely erect mine in one day.

quote:
Originally posted by Jovee
Me too. That gives me all kinds of ideas. Do they come with any ventilation at all. Im curious as to how hot it would be working in there in July -
I got mine from BJ'S 12x20 for under $300! It's made my COVERIT, If you go to their web site you can oder them in any size you want. You'll just pay more for it. Like Rod said, they sell vent kits for them, but I have seen alot of folk just get two roll up door insteed of one. It dose get hot in there if the door is down. Like a green house! If you can put a floor in it would help with the moisture. I plann to but just havent gotten to it. Elon