Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest Find

wantedinct

I picked this up the other day, i had an eye on it for a while but the owner wouldnt part with it, well he finally did.

It's a clean (i think so)725,Is that a low speed pully set-up?

It never had a mower deck on it, there's not even a pto for it, it was used for just blowin snow since new is what i was told.

I bought a new batt. for it, some fresh gas, turned the key, hit the start button, and it fired right up ! not even a hint of smoke. i was impressed. ( you gotta love Briggs, they did it right)

With my B-1 allis I got a 10 inch pulley and belt set up for a low speed kit for use with the snowblower. I haven't used it yet but I bet it slows it down quite a bit. Nice tractor you found! Good luck with it!

That would appear to be the 10" pulley which I happen to like for use on both my 2110 and 9hp LL. I'd put one on my 3112 but it's a variable!:p They are also great for tilling too! Nice tractor as well. That would look to be an early 725 or a 700 due to it's short steering colum, the 2-piece seat and the lack of a guard on the rope pulley at the bgb. The rounded gas tank however is indicative of a 725 (or possibly a replacement). One clue that can't be seen is wether the shifter is straight or curved.

Real nice score Eric. The 725's just have a touch of class, maybe its the chrome Simplicity signature. Mine has proven to be a real hard worker also. Looks like tyhe 10 inch pulley which would be the slow speed one.

No remote choke would seem like a 700, but the gas tank says 725... Either way, it's still a decent looking tractor...

Hey Eric, I have a blower for that!!! It's a 3 belt blower no hitch but eveything ealse is there. Making a hitch, with your skills I'm sure wouldn't be a big deal! lol If your interested, let me know Oh great tractor, I got three my self! Elon

Thanks for all the nice comments! Johnmonkey - I did some horse tradin' Toad270 - I got the snowthrower from it probably about a year ago, he wasn't using it anymore. Slippery- I still haven't had a chance to measure that pully yet. Daddycat - That does have a remote for the choke.

Thanks when you get the chance I'm putting a snow blower on mine an building a cab for it . I have not learn how to put pic on yet.

Looks great! It also looks like you have the front wheels with bushings rather than tapered wheel bearings, another feature indicative of a 700.

Nice find Eric, Mine seems to like blowing a lot of smoke this fall so it will be out of commision for the winter unless I can figure it out. It fouls the plug from all the smoke. Nice ride, you will have a lot of fun with it :)

I have a 700 and a pair of 725's. All run but only one of the 725's gets any use. My brother has an original summer cab with the winter kit but doesn't use it anymore since getting a newer style cab.