Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

Belt Guide Measurement Needed

PhanDad
I acquired a non-clutch type, two pulley snow thrower hitch that I plan to use this year with the electric PTO on my 16GTH-L. It looks like this: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/non_clutch_hitch.jpg[/img] It is missing the belt guide, part #25, for the backside idler: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/Hitch_Pulley_Guide.jpg[/img] The guide is NLA from Simplicity. I'd appreciate if anyone who has this type of hitch would measure the guide and post the measurements here. Having run the older clutch type hitch without guides, I know how helpful guides are. Thanks in advance.

RayS
If that part number is 106717 on jacks small engine website it says that it is available. But I am not sure that is the part number according to my manual it is. The drawing you have looks a little different than the one in my manual. Part Number 106717 Order the New Substitute Part Below 1677135 GUARD SPRING L $1.45 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PhanDad
Ray, The part # is 176342. This same belt guide part # is listed for the two pulley, non-clutch hitches for snowblower model # 990746 and #1690033 (and their 42" counterparts).

RayS
Sorry about that Bill, I thought they looked a little different. I call my dealer monday and see if they are still available. I know that on Jack`s website it says that it isn`t but I have ran into that alot on that site and found out later thru my dealer that it was.