Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB112 Rear Axle

AC@deerfield

I have an AC HB112 and the axle tube busted on the right side. A friend has a complete rear axle assembly from an earlier model tractor B10 / B12) with a manual transmission .... will this axle assembly fit my Hydrostatic HB112, with or without modification ?

The axle tubes are still available new thru a simplicity dealer. The part number that you need is 166066 and has been superceded to part number 1670864 it is $103.51 on Jack`s small engine website. The 3 speed transmission will bolt right in with no problems. You may have to lenghten the shift rod and the clutch/brake rod also. I think the HB112 is either 3 or 4 inches longer than the B10 and B12.

Thanks RayS ..... I am new at this forum thing, just to verify,,, my plan is to keep my hydrostatic unit, just replace the complete transaxle. I was curious if this Hydro unit would work with the transaxle from a manual transmission tractor. If so, I will keep my busted unit for parts.

It will work. It's just a messy job pulling the differential appart and putting it back together. It's been awhile since I was in one but if memory serves me if you remove the left side hub and locking collor, you may be able to slide out the axle shaft and the houseing from the right side and leave it all together. Someone help me out here. Am I remembering correctly??

The transmission are different. Yours has a Vickers hydrostat in it and there is no way to put that on a manual transmission. If that Vickers pump doesn`t leak I would put a axle tube in that transmission if it was mine or find another complete rearend. You can always put that vickers pump on another hydrostat rearend.

RayS .... FYI, about ten years ago, I modified this Vickers pump to minimize this leak. I bored and bushed the trunion housing with bronze bushings and cut an oring groove in each end of the shaft. This not eliminate the leak, it but was a noticeable improvement.

I picked up a HB112 parts tractor a few years ago,and one of the things that came with it was a transaxle,without the hydro unit.I can get a picture if you're interested.Would be inexpensive.....

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
I picked up a HB112 parts tractor a few years ago,and one of the things that came with it was a transaxle,without the hydro unit.I can get a picture if you're interested.Would be inexpensive.....
Goatfarmer, If you would, please send a pic of this transaxle and quote me a price also. Where are you located ? Thanks ! AC@Deerfield

quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234
I have a usable axle tube from a vickers hydro here too, if you need it,
Max, How many $$$ ? Is the axle tube the same on right and left side ?? Thanks, AC@Deerfield