Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new John Deere B-210

Nick

Well, at least that's what The color is. [:0]Saw an auction listing for an AC B-210 and decided to go yesterday. A nursery farmer was selling everything off and was retiring. The one rear tire was completely flat, and the other not existent and was up on a jack stand. I was told the engine was rebuilt about 3 years ago, and repainted. I am trying to cut back on collecting stuff at the moment, but what I paid, I should have my picture hanging up in the post office. I was told this one runs. Now to get it running today if time permits. [img]http://mercury.walagata.com/w/mdit99/Picture_001.jpg[/img] [img]http://mercury.walagata.com/w/mdit99/Picture_002.jpg[/img] And what made it all worthwhile: [img]http://mercury.walagata.com/w/mdit99/Picture_003.jpg[/img] I saw that and decided to raise my bid limit, then what my original limit was. I still got it for under my original bid limit by $15.00. Don't know if it is a factory or a dealer installed hydrolift. Someone here should know. UPDATE: It Runs. I was having trouble with the points so I ended up putting an electronic ignition module in it. Gas tank leaks (or should I say pours) the shifter part that attaches to the dash is missing. I'll fix that on Monday.

Nick you done real good. Pays to look at the less desirible tractors too. I don't know what it is about the Green and yellow that everyone seems to think that all tractors need to be this colour. It looks fine on JD stuff but they ought to quit selling the stuff in a can if this is what they'er gonna do. As for the lift, I don't know of any way to distinguse between fact. or dealer installed lifts. Both would/should be supplied with the same stuff. Depending on what tractor they went on. If you notice, even Simplicity didn't distinguise the diff as the serial # tag on the seat pans list both models either w/ or without hydro lift. It may or may not be a parts tractor but you cetainly got your monies worth.

I have never seen such a well built John Deere :Dooopps did I say that [:0]:D Sounds like you got a great deal on that..I never seem to get that lucky anymore on the Simplicity/AC stuff..Guess thats why lately the Wheel Horse's are starting to out number the Simplicity's

I am pretty sure that it is factory hydrolift. The difference being and this is a guess but I think that I am correct is in a dealer installed hydrolift they remove the lift handle and you have 3" or so of shaft sticking out the side where the handle went on. On factory installed the rockshaft or what ever you want to call it is flush with the frame.

That tractor has me turning green with envie but please paint it yellow. I have a known factory hydro lift on my B110 and the rocker shaft is flush with no lift handle attachment point.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Nick you done real good. Pays to look at the less desirible tractors too. I don't know what it is about the Green and yellow that everyone seems to think that all tractors need to be this colour. It looks fine on JD stuff but they ought to quit selling the stuff in a can if this is what they'er gonna do.
Maybe it was an attempt to help it on resale value??? That's usually what the case is most of the time--a slick feller will think he's got one up on the guy who's been at the Home Depot looking around and doesn't know any better and will paint something that's not a JD in JD colors thinking he can fool a non-tractor enthusiast into buying his Non-Deere for an outrageous price. Seen this happen several times at auction where the auctioneer just sees the green and yellow and instantly recognizes the colors and calls it a JD when its actually not and he doesn't get corrected and the POS (mostly Craftsmans and Murrays) usually gets sold for an outrageous price. Specifically, I remember a 20+ year old Murray that this happened with about 2 years ago. The dang mower sold for $350--it ran good, but obviously not something you would want to sink $$$ into, my max bid on it was $150 and the bids kept going up from there.

quote:
Originally posted by bigcountry
quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Nick you done real good. Pays to look at the less desirible tractors too. I don't know what it is about the Green and yellow that everyone seems to think that all tractors need to be this colour. It looks fine on JD stuff but they ought to quit selling the stuff in a can if this is what they'er gonna do.
Maybe it was an attempt to help it on resale value??? That's usually what the case is most of the time--a slick feller will think he's got one up on the guy who's been at the Home Depot looking around and doesn't know any better and will paint something that's not a JD in JD colors thinking he can fool a non-tractor enthusiast into buying his Non-Deere for an outrageous price.
I think if this was just a regular auction where the owner was not present, I bet they would have advertised it as a JD. This makes the 6th tractor I have seen painted green, and the 3rd JD green. I was surprised it didn't go high just because of the color.

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
Elon the rear hitch looks like mis-assembled factory parts, the green must have confuzzled someone![:0]
Well, It doesn't mater which way it was assembled. It snapped in two places while I was pulling it up to the house after dark. Oh Well.:(! It's definetly a factory hydrolift. Thanks guy's for helping me figure that out.

I picked up an Allis B-1 parts tractor this summer, it was all there so I decided to restore it. It was partially painted JD green (hood, engine and deck, guess he gave up after that). Went to a tractor show in Arden, NC 3 weeks ago. I had my newly acquired Power King and put it in the lineup, and one of the Power King guys came back a little hot under the collar after walking around. We asked what was up, he said someone had painted an old Power King tractor JD green and yellow and was trying to sell it saying it was a "special model" from JD. More than double what the regular Power Kings were selling for. Hope no one took this fool up on it.