Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Some tractor pics -added more pics.

richp

Did you couple the pump directly to the motor or are You using a belt? Can't tell in the pic. How about a pic of the control valves. Any modifications too the pump? Been thinking a long time too do such a thing with a 75 Dodge pick-up P/S pump

The pump is driven by belt with two small pulleys. I had this pump for a while, off a Chrysler Lebaron. I didn't have to do any modifications to it. The nice feature is the plastic resevoir attached, as I didn't have to mount a tank. If the relief valve is set too high, it will stall the motor at end of stroke, so has plenty of power. The pump almost looks like original equipment. The valve is the common log splitter Prince valve #ls3001 (Grainger # 1a967 $98.40) and has relief valve built in.

I agree with the others. Great looking setup. Some detail pics or diagrams of the installation detail would be a nice addition to the tech tips area.

Yea, thats an angle cylinder on the plow. I just need some hoses made up and I will be ready for snow. I found a co. that sells small hyd. cylinders at decent prices. I think it's surpluscenter.com. I had trouble for the longest time finding a cylinder comparable to the factory lift cylinder. This place has a good selection. I will try to get closer pics. The 3314 is my mutant tractor, as it is made up of several tractor parts and I don't mind modifying it.It's like my test mule.

A few more detail pics of the power steering pump setup. This thing really works great. The plow I converted to spring trip.There is something about angling a blade hydraulically that is just cool. Another thing that I like to do is paint the valve orange. It just makes it look like it belongs there.

Actually, that muffler is the quietest muffler I have ever had. It's an Onan muffler that I cut down. When I drive this tractor it is such a pleasure to listen to a quiet engine. Sounds like my friends John Deere 212 which are known for being quiet.

I think this muffler came off a generator the co. I work for had years ago. I saw it new in box on a shelf and asked my boss if I could have it. It was like 18 " so I cut it down and welded the top back on. I will see if I can find a number on it.