Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is everybody ready for the snow?

Wishin2BMowin

Got my 3212H up in the shop to get ready for this Winter in Ma. Cleaned, lubed and painted the rusty spots on my 42 inch blower and put it on. Topped off all of the fluids and changed the engine oil. Put the chains on (forgot how much fun they can be!) hands were rusty and tired after that job! Put my snow cab back on as well. Good thing I got started early as a dusting of the white stuff fell on Oct 30th! Don't remember snow this early around here. Farmer's Almanac is predicting lot's of snow again around here. Got over 100 inches last Winter! So is everybody else ready yet?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MPH

• dcw06

• UCD

• Wishin2BMowin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm ready! I got 2 shovels at yard sales, they sesm to fit Beth's hands good! So I can keep the snowblowers and plows in the shed this year. :D:D

Had my snowblower mounted and ready last year. No snows deep enough to use it. I think this year I will mount both the blower and the blade. If I have two tractors ready, then it is guaranteed not to snow. If it does, I will be ready. Hopefully all I would need the blade for is to clean up the entrance to the driveway, after the county fills it full, in the middle of the night. This is usually ice, that the blower won't touch. John, my shovels fit both Becky's and Randy's really well. I think they should handle the snow removal so that I can save the wear and tear on the tractors. Right!!!!!! LOL

Put the snowblower on Tractor son in law will use.(20 hp 7117H ) no chains or weights yet. Or winter cab. If necessary he has heated garage. Put the blade on my 17 GTH-L no chains On the 16 hp newer Broadmoor my son uses , he has not asked Dad to put blower and chains on yet. Working to put motor into 212 JD then will put blower on it. Neighbor lady is moving and has asked me to buy her little Toro, might buy that for steps. Bought one new snow shovel late last year,still like older unit. Boss said with all my toys, she wil not mow lawn or shovel snow. And when 628 comes back ,that has blade and snowblower. I have 20 feet of driveway 90 feet of sidewalk. Now I just have to get mentally prepared.

S N O W is a 4-letter word... and no, I'm not ready for it. I still have to vac leaves one more time before the mower deck and vac can come off...

80 here today in NC. A little early yet to be thinking of winter stuff. But I'm almost through mowing and when I do the blade mount will go on the 620 for yard use anyway. So I'm sure it'll be ready for the 2" I'm likely to get. If that won't handle it, I do have a blower for the 620 and the HB212. You can bet I can really scare some snow off from around here.

Heck no, I'm having trouble finding a front PTO for the tractor. Looking foward to having a little fun with this winter though. Once I get it all race ready that is.

Well the twins "2 725" are almost set with a blade and blower. I took out eh blade for my 64 LL just havent goten around to putting it on. I don't use chains, uless I have to, all three have AGs on them. I hope to be ready by first snow fall. Elon

The T-15 is ready with a 42" blower, weights and chains. The Conquest has the cab on, blower on, but needs the transmission oil and filter changed as well as the engine oil. Alos working on a power rotator for it too. Still need to add the chains too. No where near ready as far as yard work goes. Hoping for another 4 weeks before that white stuff hits...

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
S N O W is a 4-letter word... and no, I'm not ready for it. I still have to vac leaves one more time before the mower deck and vac can come off...
Now see what you've done to yourself selling off some of your goodies.... if you have to change implements you dont have enough tractors now;):D

Well lets see......I just got the new rear PTO on the sunstar so I can do the fall tilling, I need to do one more round with the Ultima and the turbo to get up the last of the leaves, I still need to do some welding on the blower and the cab to make them usable, but first, I have to winterize the camper, replumb the air lines,and finish insulating the shop, drive a well, build a head in the shop,................AW Heck I won't be ready untill after the first snow falls just like every year. I believe I had more time when I was working.

Let me see, the new to me 46 inch plow is missing the adjustment rod, the 42 inch snowblower is missing the hitch, and both tractors need to be serviced. Guess I am behind, but at least I have not had to dig the blower out of the snow to use it. Hold that thought...... Need to get the hitch back from the welder, he is using it as a pattern to create a trailer hitch for the front of the tractor. Need the hitch to put the trailers away for the winter. No not ready yet. Rick.......

Loader and weight box are on the AGCO 2027 Diesel.Used it tonight to move leaves and my son and i loaded them on my 14 ft trailer about 2 ft high.Need to grease and change oil plus wash tractor and we are ready for snow.I hope we get a Ft or better of snow here in ohio.

Once I get my blower together I can mount it and hopefully use it this year, that or I can just put on the blade. I should probably get my cab together. Benjamin

snow blower sitting in front of my 7117. I will try to get it on this weekend along with the tire chains, then I will be ready. I don't expect a snow worth blowing until December so I have little time yet. The blacktop driveway takes care of any light snow, and the past few years the first snow has completely melted before winter sets in. I still need a good snow to really try out the snowblower, I only have the 36" in front of 18HP.

"No, and I don't want any." "S N O W is a 4-letter word... and no, I'm not ready for it." What they said. Snow is that white stuff you hope for a light dusting of on Christmas Eve. Otherwise it is supposed to stay North of the Mason Dixon line. :D

Roy, This year we will save a good one for one of your trips to VA. You need to see what a deep snow is really like. Biggest one I have seen here in Fredericksburg was 21 inches. LOL

Leaves are still falling and I have some fixing to do before it gets cold. Did get caught one time with the tractors snowed in the barn and zero degrees at night. Had to change oil, mount blades and chains and plow my way out. It was about a foot and a half deep. I have three tractors with Ags on and I can always bring out Bertha, 1433 Massey with loader.

Of course I'm not ready. My FURNACE isn't even running yet due to a fouled oil line, and my roof developed a leak. Roof fixed, furnace is not. And my Simplicity 700 has developed an inability to run more that 5 minutes and then won't restart. Need to find time to tear into the carb and see if it's got something restricting fuel flow. Once fixed, though, I'll have a snow blower and blade all set to go. But in NC, and EASTERN NC at that, not really worried about it, lol. We did get 21 inches a few years back, and yes that was all at once.

SNOW... I have 80 trees with over half there leaves still on to vac up yet. Last week i picked up 1200 pounds of leaves off my yard and the two properties i take care of next door.

Weather has been fooling us here in southern Ohio. Warm and mostly dry. Luckily the blade is easy to put on and I'm hoping the walk-behind blower is easy to start if needed. Like others, I'm still waiting for the last few trees to drop their load so I can do one last mow/vac pass. Still have to add some insulation in the attic too, since heating fuel costs are going to double this winter! Too much to do for anyone to be mentioning "snow" -- I'm still pretending it's October!