Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Winter Cab Help

GregB

Two weekends ago I picked up a winter cab that was mounted on a heavily built Yard Pro Tractor. I can modify the frame to make it fit the AC 716H with electric lift I plan on using as a blower tractor this year. Below is a picture I found that looks like mine, but mine is not in as nice shape.

Was this cab made by Original Cab Co? Does anyone know the model # or have a parts list? I need to find the windshield section of the covering. The rest is there, although I will have to replace the cracked windows. Otherwise can someone who has the Simplicity version of the later model Original Cab Co cab ( I think 1693269?) measure the distance across the front of the frame where the windshield panel fastens? I'd like to buy those for my frame from Original Cab. I have downloaded the parts list from Simplicity site for the 1693269 cab so I know what replacement parts to order, if my frame is the same size as the Simplicity frame. Thanks GregB

Wow! funny to click on a post and see a tractor that was your own. Now it's currently on the back of a trailer on it's way to a new home in Indiana with the new owner.

Yep, Guilty as noted Kris. Your cabs door had a flap on the left door that the pictures of the Simplicity versions did not seem to have. That is why I wasn't sure if it was made by Original. Hope the new owner will like the cab this winter, I hope I can get mine together by snow fall time. GregB

Note: The cabs for the 300/400 series AC are little wider and longer than the cab for the 700 series ACs. I have both and will measure tomorrow and repost. The 300/400 series cab works just fine on the 700/7100 series.

A ways off from Gregs question, but everytime someone posts about cabs I think of the hard cab that a member and, I think, his BIL built. I can't find it in the search thingy:(. Any chance someone else can? ;)You know, kinda to show the new folks where the bar was set for home-builts:D. As a guy that worked in steel fabrication for 30 years, I know I was super impressed!! Joe

Are these snow cabs as practical for a plow as the blower? I've got a lead on one and not sure how much warmer I might be using it to plow...

The cab on my Sunstar is very nice with either, it cuts off any breeze and make things a lot more comfortable. I get no heat from the engine and it still makes a great difference. IMHO, worth every nickle.

Thanks Mike. My cab frame has the same dimension across the horizontal brace that would be at the lower edge of the windshield. Is this dimension from the 700 series cab? Or are they both the same? thanks GregB

The cab in the photo is one of ours. It looks like one of the cab models we made for MTD. Most likely the Yard Pro cab you speak of is also one of ours. However the parts may not be compatible with the Simplicity cab. Email me for further details. chris@originalcab.com Thanks, Chris Original Tractor Cab Co.