Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

BMW powered tractor

tomust

I found this on a BMW motorcycle fourm. It looks like it has a 600cc flat twin from a bike in it. How it gets cooling air I don't know but kind of cool anyway. This is part of a huge stash of BMW bike parts that the owner wants "less than 100K" for.

Looks to me to be a GE Electrac mower w/ an engine stuck in it. Whitch makes me wonder what rear end they used. The one I had used a Peerless four speed trans. in it and the electric motor reversed so the trany didn't have any reverse. Like a shuttle trany. It also used a vertical pulley so any direct belt drive under the frame would have been impractical. However, it must have worked well. Just look at the condition in whitch it was maintained.

Hey tomust ... What BMW forum did you find this picture? I am a BMW motorcycle guy and have got a lot of information from a couple different forums and I am always looking for new/different place to get information. One of the best I have found is [url]www.chromeheads.org [/url]for the "boxer" engine/ cruiser enthusiast. Although I very rarely post (Much like this site ... I have been a member for years and can count the number of posts on one hand) they have some friendly, knowledgeable members who answer your questions with common sense. Best of luck with both the bikes and the tractors. Rick